Vanity Plate Ideas - Get Creative & NERDY!

In summary, a group is discussing ideas for a vanity license plate that is nerdy and incorporates elements of math, computer science, and electricity. Some suggestions include SUDO GO, FF0000, ZAPBOOM, 186KMPS, 300KKPS, UNDER C, NERDY, and various mathematical equations and constants.
roscoey
Hey Everybody!

I am getting a vanity plate and I want it to be NERDY!

I'm thinking about something along the lines of math, computer science, or electricity (especially lighting). Must be 7 characters, numbers and/or letters.

Some ideas I have: SUDO GO, FF0000, 186KKMS ....

Got any better ideas??!

Physics news on Phys.org
roscoey said:
186KKMS ....

Why would someone want a license plate that displays 62% of the speed of light? :biggrin:

How about ZAPBOOM

DaveC426913 said:
Why would someone want a license plate that displays 62% of the speed of light? :biggrin:

Ahem, 186KMPS, but then that looks like 186 km/s...which is wrong. Also, 300GMPS looks like 300 gimps, and that's even more wrong.

roscoey said:
Ahem, 186KMPS, but then that looks like 186 km/s...which is wrong. Also, 300GMPS looks like 300 gimps, and that's even more wrong.

Then how about 300K KPS ?

Done. The Fibonacci sequence was taken. 300KKPS.

Other ideas, feel free to take:
SUDO SU
700 NM (wavelength of the visible light from my car)
WGET IT

You could post a rough approximation of your speed: UNDER C

How about NERDY?

F over m

6 022 10 24

V = IR

PVNRT

and so on.

Related to Vanity Plate Ideas - Get Creative & NERDY!

1. What are vanity plates?

Vanity plates are personalized license plates that allow drivers to choose a combination of letters and numbers to display on their vehicle instead of the standard issued plate.

2. How do I come up with creative and nerdy ideas for my vanity plate?

Think about your interests and hobbies, and try to incorporate them into your plate. You can also use clever wordplay or inside jokes to make your plate more unique and personal.

3. Are there any restrictions or guidelines for choosing a vanity plate?

Yes, there are certain rules and regulations set by each state's Department of Motor Vehicles. These may include character limits, banned words, and certain symbols that are not allowed. It's important to check with your state's DMV before submitting your desired plate.

4. Can I change my vanity plate if I get tired of it?

Yes, in most cases, you can change your vanity plate for a new one. However, there may be a fee involved and you will have to go through the application process again.

5. Will my vanity plate affect my car insurance rates?

In most cases, having a vanity plate will not affect your car insurance rates. However, if your plate contains offensive or inappropriate content, your insurance company may consider it a risk and increase your rates.