Introducing Myself: A Physics Undergrad with a Passion for the Fundamentals

• Thread starter Phi6er
  • Start date
In summary, I am a physics undergraduate with a strong passion for the fundamentals of the subject. My love for physics began in high school, where I was fascinated by the laws and principles that govern our universe. This led me to pursue a degree in physics, where I have gained a deep understanding of concepts such as mechanics, thermodynamics, and electromagnetism. I am constantly seeking to expand my knowledge and apply it to real-world problems, and I am excited to see where my passion for the fundamentals of physics will take me in the future.
Phi6er
Hi, I'm new. I've thought of joining you guys for a while now. The last push came from getting stuck on a certain problem that nobody here had already asked/answered. But this thread is of course not about that problem, this thread is about me.

I'm a third year physics undergrad (getting my BSc degree this year). My particular interests in physics include (but are not limited to) particle physics, atomic energy (both fusion and fission), QM, GR and beyond! In general it is the more fundamental things that I get excited about (unless a thing is as absurdly useful as clean atomic energy). The philosophical implications of QM and GR are also super exciting to me. For instance, I think QM proving that our universe can't be both local and real at the same time is astounding.

I hate philosophy with a passion, which is why I do it. One could say that I'm on a quest to destroy philosophy with philosophy.

Aside from physics, I spend my time learning music (piano in particular), keeping myself physically fit, PC gaming and watching anime (yes, I'm a weeb). So yeah, I'm quite high on the nerd scale (lack of a social life included!) How could I even go higher on the scale than where I already am? Ant keeping? No wait, I should get a body pillow! Err.. where was I? Oh yeah, remember that list of activities I said I spent time on? Yeah none of that applies right now because I'm in a ridiculous hurry to write my BSc thesis among other things. Actually, I've spent way too long writing this already. I need to get back to work, bye.

Physics news on Phys.org
Phi6er said:
I was told to introduce myself, so I suppose I will
Well, it's good to see that you do what you are told! :smile:

Welcome to the forum

As for destroying philosophy, that's just another philosophy. It will never end :rolleyes: