Discovering My Passion: From Medicine to Physics

• Thread starter Physics bou
  • Start date
In summary, the journey of discovering one's passion can be a winding and unexpected path. For some, like Dr. Sabrina Gonzalez Pasterski, it may involve a change in career trajectory from medicine to physics. Pasterski, a Harvard graduate and MIT PhD candidate, was initially on track to become a doctor but discovered her love for physics through her own curiosity and determination. She has since become a rising star in the world of physics, with renowned scientists such as Stephen Hawking praising her groundbreaking research on black holes and quantum gravity. Pasterski's story serves as a reminder that following one's passion can lead to unexpected and fulfilling opportunities.
Physics bou
How did you find PF?
I find it on Google
My name is Abdul Waheed and I am a physics student at university level.This journey started about two years before,at that time my parents wanted me to join a medical college and become a physician. But things got wrong and I was unable to get admission.
I spent whole spring wandering 'what to do next ?' or 'what's going to get happened next?'.
One day I was thinking about things which fetch my attention and I started considering them one by one and when I have done that I found that their sum equals physics .So I decided to learn physics and now when I think about it I feel proud to find the best thing I can do, to find the exact passion with in me.
I am highly interested in computational physics and computer programming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

berkeman said:
Welcome to the PF! :smile:
Thanks😀