I cant seem to get this angular velocity problem right

In summary, the small rubber wheel and large pottery wheel are mounted together with circular edges touching. The small wheel has a radius of 2.60 cm and accelerates at 7.10 rad/s^2. The large pottery wheel has a radius of 33.00 cm. The angular acceleration of the large pottery wheel is 0.6 rad/s^2. To reach a speed of 72 rpm, the time taken is approximately 12.57 seconds.
xxxixpats
Code:
A small rubber wheel (radius of 2.60 cm) is used to drive a large pottery wheel (radius of 33.00 cm), and they are mounted so that their circular edges touch. If the small wheel accelerates at the rate of 7.10 rad/s2, and there is no slipping, what is the angular acceleration of the large pottery wheel?

I answer this and it came out to .6 rad/s^2

Then the second part of the equation says

Code:
In the above problem, what is the time taken for the pottery wheel to reach the required speed of 72 rpm?

I simply used the equation

w=w0+at
- W0 would cancle leaving the formula

W=at

72RPM = 7.54 rad/s

7.54/.6 = 12.5667 s

This seems right but it keeps telling me I am wrong

Physics news on Phys.org
Your angular acceleration is a little off. How many significant figures do you actually need?

not really sure all it posted was 1, I redid the problem and got it write

Related to I cant seem to get this angular velocity problem right

1. What is angular velocity?

Angular velocity is a measure of how quickly an object is rotating around a fixed point. It is typically measured in radians per second.

2. What is the formula for angular velocity?

The formula for angular velocity is ω = θ/t, where ω is angular velocity, θ is the angular displacement, and t is the time taken for the displacement to occur.

3. How do I calculate angular velocity?

To calculate angular velocity, you need to know the angular displacement and the time taken for the displacement to occur. Then, apply the formula ω = θ/t.

4. Why am I having trouble with this angular velocity problem?

There could be several reasons why you are having trouble with this problem. It could be due to a misunderstanding of the concept of angular velocity, errors in your calculations, or incorrect use of the formula.

5. How can I improve my understanding of angular velocity?

To improve your understanding of angular velocity, you can review the concept and its formula, practice solving different problems, and seek help from a teacher or tutor if needed.