How to stop wasting a lot of time on facebook?

• Thread starter kntsy
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Time
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of addiction to Facebook and ways to reduce the time spent on the platform. The speakers suggest engaging in other activities such as playing sports or reading books, deleting or limiting the use of the account, and seeking help from online forums. They also mention the possibility of being discriminated for not using Facebook, but point out that it is not a valid concern. The conversation concludes with a reminder that nothing important happens on Facebook and there are more meaningful ways to spend one's time."
I've looked at a couple of Myspace pages and it sucked. People have music on auto-play, they have background images that are horrible and so much garbage that my computer almost freezes.

Facebook was originally limited to only college students? After seeing how popular Myspace was, how could you not allow anyone to make an account?

But I still don't see how that link could have given me those answers.

Physics news on Phys.org
leroyjenkens said:
Facebook was originally limited to only college students? After seeing how popular Myspace was, how could you not allow anyone to make an account?

Yeah, it used to be limited to college students. Back when I was a sophomore in 2003, I recall that you had to have a university email address to sign up. I don't even remember when it stopped being a college thing.

I think facebook started allowing non university accounts in around 2006/2007.