Radio Wave & Electromagnetic Spectrum Enthusiast

• Thread starter EnergyInMotion
  • Start date
In summary, a radio wave and electromagnetic spectrum enthusiast is someone who is passionate about the study and use of radio waves and the electromagnetic spectrum. This includes understanding the properties and behaviors of electromagnetic waves, as well as utilizing them for various purposes such as communication, navigation, and scientific research. Enthusiasts may also be interested in the history and development of radio technology, as well as the current advancements and applications in the field. They may participate in amateur radio activities, attend conferences and workshops, and stay updated on the latest developments in the field. Overall, a radio wave and electromagnetic spectrum enthusiast is someone who has a deep fascination and appreciation for the power and potential of these invisible waves that surround us.
EnergyInMotion
How did you find PF?
Google search
Hello,

I'm a software engineer, I have some experience in computer engineering studies, I'm also an amateur radio operator, and outside of software/hardware I have spent a lot of time developing my own vehicle air ride suspension management system.

I joined this forum in hopes to discuss some of my hands on work with the study of wireless power transfer, specifically using Powercast Company's transmitters & Integrated Circuits, RF Diagnostic's RF->DC converters, and also my own custom made circuit boards and such. I did not have great luck with the groups on Facebook for physics. I'd always be approved to the group but any attempt at a post would be disapproved or would sit in the queue endlessly to never be approved. I find this is because I wasn't citing somebody else's work so therefore they didn't want to allow me to share it. That being said, I'm not claiming any new theories or such. Just doing hands on work with existing equipment and existing concepts.

Since I'm new here and I don't want to leave a bad first impression... could somebody point me in the right direction for which part of the forum to discuss things involving Electromagnetism & the Electromagnetic Spectrum?

I would like to show some of my work with some rather fascinating things I've learned about physics and then done my own experiments with to prove the topic to myself. I have some cool videos involving long range wireless power transfer, the effects of a mirror when interacting with radio waves, and some other cool circuity and antenna stuff. Is linking a youtube video on this forum OK? Do i need an verification process beforehand to show it's me?

An example of a video I'd like to share and have discussed is I recorded in a real time drawing a circuit on a piece of paper with a Circuit Scribe pen. This circuit included an antenna, an LED, and a microchip sitting on the paper, and as I draw the trace lines and antenna with the pen, the LED turns on, having captured power from a nearby RF transmitter on my desk.

Hope to have some fun discussions with all of you

Thanks so much! :)

Likes Evo and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

Check out the EE forum, under the Engineering area of the forums. If you are in doubt about starting a thread on something, feel free to send me a Private Message (click on my avatar and Start a Conversation).

Enjoy the forums!

Likes EnergyInMotion and Evo
berkeman said:
Welcome to PhysicsForums. :smile:

Check out the EE forum, under the Engineering area of the forums. If you are in doubt about starting a thread on something, feel free to send me a Private Message (click on my avatar and Start a Conversation).

Enjoy the forums!
Awesome, thanks!

Likes berkeman
You're welcome. Also do a PF forum search to find the previous threads about wireless power transfer and other subjects you are interested in. :smile: