How to search for posts of mine from before 2008?

• Thread starter MathematicalPhysicist
  • Start date
In summary, there is an advanced search option on the forum that allows you to find posts from 2008 until now. However, there is no option to search for posts from 2002-2007. You can find your posts from that time period by clicking on your name and then the number of messages. They will be displayed in chronological order, but you may need to click through several pages to find earlier posts. This process may be inefficient for users with a large number of posts, as it could require clicking through hundreds of pages. The forum administrator has increased the maximum number of returned results to help with this issue.
MathematicalPhysicist
Gold Member
I looked at the advanced search option and I can only find posts from 2008 until nowadays.

Is there an option to search for my posts from 2002-2007, or are they forever lost?
Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
If you click on your name, then the number of messages, it displays all your posts in chronological order. They're grouped in 7-page bundles, so you need to click through 'show earlier posts' on the 7th page a few times to get to the earlier posts. It's inefficient, but they're there.

Bandersnatch said:
If you click on your name, then the number of messages, it displays all your posts in chronological order. They're grouped in 7-page bundles, so you need to click through 'show earlier posts' on the 7th page a few times to get to the earlier posts. It's inefficient, but they're there.
Uh ... a "few" times? I think a few hundred would be more like it, for anyone with a lot of posts.

Seeing how there's 210 posts per 7 pages, no more than 19 times in case of the OP and more than two hundred for the two most prolific posters only.

Likes phinds
Bandersnatch said:
Seeing how there's 210 posts per 7 pages, no more than 19 times in case of the OP and more than two hundred for the two most prolific posters only.
Hm ... guess I misjudged based on just doing a few sets of 7.

This could be due to max number of returned results. I have doubled the setting. See if you can find it now.

Likes weirdoguy

Related to How to search for posts of mine from before 2008?

1. How can I search for my posts from before 2008 on social media platforms?

Most social media platforms have a search bar that allows you to search for your posts. You can use keywords or hashtags to narrow down the search results. Some platforms also have an advanced search option that allows you to filter by date range.

2. Can I search for my posts from before 2008 on websites that I no longer have an account on?

Unfortunately, if you no longer have an account on a website, you will not be able to search for your posts from before 2008. It is recommended to save important posts or content before deleting your account.

3. Is there a way to search for my posts from before 2008 on platforms that have since shut down?

If a platform has shut down, it is unlikely that you will be able to search for your old posts. However, you can try using web archives such as the Wayback Machine to see if the platform's content was archived.

4. Can I use specific filters to search for my posts from before 2008?

Some platforms allow you to use filters such as date range, post type, or location to search for your posts from before 2008. However, not all platforms have these options, so it is best to check the platform's search settings or help center.

5. How can I make sure I am finding all of my posts from before 2008?

To ensure you are finding all of your posts from before 2008, try using different keywords or hashtags that you may have used in your posts. You can also try searching for your posts on multiple platforms or using web archives to find any posts that may have been deleted or lost.