How to search for my old posts

• Thread starter Spinnor
  • Start date
In summary: I found this post which seems to show that 2009 was the first year that Google allowed you to search for "spinnor".
Spinnor
Gold Member
Is there a way that I can search old posts of mine, say from the year 2010?

Thanks!

Physics news on Phys.org
Spinnor said:
Is there a way that I can search old posts of mine, say from the year 2010?

Thanks!
Use the search function with your name. You can say "more recent than" but I don't think you can specify "older than".

phinds said:
Use the search function with your name. You can say "more recent than" but I don't think you can specify "older than".

Thanks, just curious what I wrote in 2010.

The search results are limited to 200, but you can limit the search to specific subforums, if there are less than 200 results you can see all. In the mathematics and astronomy sections you have various posts from 2009 and 2010.

I am not sure that it allows to search for the time frame - just numbers 2010 and 2011 are present on all the pages from 2010 and 2011, as date is displayed together with the message. It may give false positives if these numbers appear in the thread for whatever reason (this thread will be there soon).

Spinnor said:
So Google allows you to search a time frame and I can exclude the word spinor by putting a minus sign in front of the word,

https://www.google.pl/search?q=spinnor+2010+site:physicsforums.com&source=lnt&tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:2010,cd_max:2011&tbm=#tbs=cdr:1,cd_min:2010,cd_max:2011&q=spinnor+2010+site:physicsforums.com+-spinor

gives many (all) of my posts between 2010 and 2011. Thanks.
Neat. I'm interested in that as well. Could you please post the exact Google search phrase you used instead of the resulting URL? Thanks.

Searching for "spinnor" in quotation marks should get rid of "spinor" false positives as well.
Google knows when a site first appeared and when it saw the last update, but that doesn't mean the post time has to be one of those times.

Last edited:
Funny, if I narrow the Google search by time it seems Google excludes posts. With quotes around spinnor Boreks solution is the best it seems.

"spinnor" 2009 site:physicsforums.com

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22spinnor%22+2009+site%3Aphysicsforums.com&rlz=1C1AOHY_enUS709US709&oq=%22spinnor%22+2009+site%3Aphysicsforums.com&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60.4133j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

Related to How to search for my old posts

1. How can I find my old posts on a specific social media platform?

To search for your old posts on a specific platform, you can use the search bar or filters provided by the platform. Simply type in keywords or hashtags related to your posts, or use filters such as date or location to narrow down your search.

2. Is there a way to search for my old posts on multiple social media platforms at once?

Yes, there are third-party tools and apps that allow you to search for your old posts on multiple social media platforms at once. Some examples include Hootsuite, Sprout Social, and Agorapulse.

3. Can I search for my old posts without knowing the exact date or time?

Most social media platforms allow you to search for your old posts using keywords or hashtags, even if you don't remember the exact date or time. You can also use filters such as "last month" or "last year" to help narrow down your search.

4. How far back can I search for my old posts?

The length of time you can search for your old posts varies depending on the social media platform. Some platforms have a limit on how far back you can search, while others allow you to search through all of your old posts. It's best to check the platform's help center for specific information.

5. Can I search for my old posts on a platform if I no longer have an account?

In most cases, you will not be able to search for your old posts on a platform if you no longer have an account. However, if your posts were public, they may still be accessible through a search engine. You can also try reaching out to the platform's customer support for assistance.