Seach to Generate List of Threads

erobz
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Is there a way to search(filter) such that just a list of all threads I participated in is generated ( somehow ordered) as opposed to every post made in every thread ordered by date that I'm missing?

Like an "all content by", but with multiple post in threads collapsed under a single thread banner.

Physics news on Phys.org
I thought there was a way to get to "My Subscribed Threads", but I'm not seeing it now on my Profile. Still looking...

Likes erobz
Doing a general PF search on that phrase only gives me hits from >10 years ago here. Maybe that feature it no longer available in the newer PF software... @Greg Bernhardt

I think

Advanced search
Search threads
Posted by: erobz
Tick "Display results as threads".

• Informative
  • Love
Likes erobz, Greg Bernhardt and berkeman
Ibix said:
Advanced search
Search threads
Posted by: erobz
Tick "Display results as threads".
Great idea @Ibix. I do believe this won't give the complete list though because we do have return count limits for performance reasons.

Likes Ibix
Greg Bernhardt said:
Great idea @Ibix. I do believe this won't give the complete list though because we do have return count limits for performance reasons.
:sorry:

So you are saying it gives some fraction of all the threads I've participated in, presumably chopping off the oldest?

Greg Bernhardt said:
erobz said:
:sorry:
I guess you can use date ranges and get a year at a time - or whatever your PF addiction supports...

Likes erobz
It's not exactly the same, but the watched threads are probably what you are looking for (Forums -> Watched Threads):
https://www.physicsforums.com/watched/threads
Uncheck "Show only unread" to see all.

By default, threads are added to the list when you post in them, but you can also manually watch or unwatch threads, if you use that then it's not only/not all your contributions.