How Physics Forums looked back in 2001

In summary, The conversation is about a website called physicsforums.com, which has archives dating back to 2001. The participants reminisce about the good old days and a certain member who joined in 2004. The conversation is filled with inside jokes and references to penguins and exercise.
Wellesley
Pretty neat website I stumbled across:

http://web.archive.org/web/*/physicsforums.com

There aren't too many pages in their archives for 2001, but there's enough. Any thoughts from those who were members?

Physics news on Phys.org
wow, i was never a member, but its sure changed over the years.
tor

Exercise hard, eat right, die anyway.

Those were the good ole days.

Cyrus said:
Those were the good ole days.

Yeah,bro. Those were the times penguins will stay at the north pole.

Cyclovenom said:
Yeah,bro. Those were the times penguins will stay at the north pole.

I must admit, I'm curious as to what you meant by that...

Wellesley said:
I must admit, I'm curious as to what you meant by that...

Don't worry a certain flightless PF member knows. :biggrin:

Cyclovenom said:
Don't worry a certain flightless PF member knows. :biggrin:

On second thought, I think I now know who you are talking about. :biggrin:

Wow... And I thought I had been around for quite a while.

I lied, we joined near the same time ape -04'.

Related to How Physics Forums looked back in 2001

1. How did the layout of Physics Forums look like in 2001?

In 2001, Physics Forums had a very simple and basic layout. The main page consisted of a list of different categories of discussion boards, and each board had a list of threads with the most recent ones at the top. The design was mostly text-based with minimal graphics.

2. Were there any major differences in the features offered on Physics Forums in 2001 compared to now?

Yes, there were several major differences in the features offered on Physics Forums in 2001. For example, there was no option for users to create a profile or have avatars. The search function was also very basic and there were no private messaging or reputation systems in place.

3. How active was Physics Forums in terms of user engagement in 2001?

In 2001, Physics Forums was still a relatively new platform and did not have as many users or discussions as it does now. However, there was still a significant amount of activity and engagement among the members who were mostly students and professionals in the field of physics.

4. Did Physics Forums have a mobile-friendly version in 2001?

No, in 2001, mobile devices were not as advanced as they are today, and most websites did not have a mobile-friendly version. Therefore, Physics Forums did not have a mobile version in 2001 and could only be accessed through a desktop or laptop computer.

5. Were there any rules or guidelines for posting on Physics Forums in 2001?

Yes, there were rules and guidelines for posting on Physics Forums in 2001. However, they were not as extensive as they are now. The main rule was to keep discussions respectful and relevant to the topic of physics. There was also a rule against spamming and personal attacks.