How do i change the title of a thread that i created?

• Thread starter chhitiz
  • Start date
In summary, to change the title of a thread you created, you must be logged into the forum or website. Look for an "edit" or "modify" option next to the title of the thread. This can be done after the thread has been posted, as long as you are the creator and within the designated time limit. If you have permission to change the title, it will not affect the thread's content. If you encounter any issues, contact a moderator or administrator for help.
chhitiz
well, can i?

Physics news on Phys.org
If you need a thread title changed, report the first post in the thread and request a change.

Related to How do i change the title of a thread that i created?

1. How do I change the title of a thread that I created?

To change the title of a thread that you created, you will need to be logged into the forum or website where the thread was created. Look for an "edit" or "modify" option next to the title of your thread. Click on this and you should be able to change the title.

2. Can I change the title of a thread after it has been posted?

Yes, you can change the title of a thread after it has been posted as long as you are the creator of the thread and it is within the specified time limit set by the forum or website. If the time limit has passed, you may need to contact a moderator or administrator for assistance.

3. How do I know if I have permission to change the title of a thread?

You will typically have permission to change the title of a thread if you are the creator of the thread or if you have been granted moderator or administrator privileges. If you are unsure, you can check the forum or website's guidelines or contact a moderator or administrator for clarification.

4. Will changing the title of a thread affect the content within the thread?

No, changing the title of a thread will not affect the content within the thread. The title is simply the heading or topic of the thread and does not alter the actual content posted by you or other users.

5. What should I do if I am unable to change the title of a thread?

If you are unable to change the title of a thread, double check that you are logged in and that you have the necessary permissions to make the change. If you still cannot change the title, reach out to a moderator or administrator for assistance.