Have you seen these stunning spring pictures?

In summary: Well, I guess you never know!I see I need a EOS 550D, it was totally overcast and the pic was taken with ISO 500, this was the best compromise between manually sharpening and noise reduction of the RAW image in DPP.At first, I thought it's a sponge or somthing, nice hypatia.In summary, Andre captured a great shot of a fish in the rain.
Andre
I was shooting some macro pix in the park today.

254yl8n.jpg

Actually I was targetting this lichen in that pic:

9pxc9j.jpg

and this one:

5xoud.jpg

But it's more about the new life:

2ut205x.jpg

8x0cxg.jpg

qzqgw2.jpg

Feel free to share your spring pictures.

Physics news on Phys.org
410vio.jpg

I hate to have to mow the first time each year--its violets time

410mag.jpg

the magnolia just smells great

410nec2.jpg

410nec.jpg

The two new nectarines and the old one are blooming and the peach is just starting (not in picture)

410Nfy.jpg

the front yard has been in bloom (daffodils, hyacinths, tulips) for a while; and ceta, hosta, star flowers, lilies, and lilies of valley, red peonies (short red stalks) are coming up all over

410fernsetc.jpg

some ferns are still in fiddlehead, more lilies of the valley----the flower petals of the magnolia will turn the ground pink and white for a while--then, turn rust color, dry out and the worms eat them all within a couple weeks:

worm3.jpg

worm mounds--last year, I think--but its the same every year
The worms reach out of their hole at night, and drag the blossoms back to the top of their hole to munch on (day and night)from the protection of their hole

Last edited:
Andre said:
I was shooting some macro pix in the park today.

254yl8n.jpg
Wow, nice action shot of that photographer. This one was well camouflaged, good find! :biggrin:

Redbelly98 said:
Wow, nice action shot of that photographer. This one was well camouflaged, good find! :biggrin:

He was totally caught of guard indeed :smile:

Here is a grebe today, with spring in mind, thinking about family planning.

n2z52d.jpg

I pay them a visit nearly every day, maybe they get used to me and maybe they agree to show off their offspring in another week or two. Here are both of them.

25jaumu.jpg

The nicest shot from a series, slightly cropped and reduced to 30% of the original.

2yycyac.jpg

The backlight was rather challenging and required quite some fine tuning from the original raw picture file.

Ferns are great for photographing

ferns04.jpg

ferns18.jpg

ferns26.jpg

ferns28.jpg

ferns29-1.jpg

ferns09.jpg

ferns10.jpg

ferns02.jpg

ferns14.jpg

Nice geometry :smile:

Reminds me affine fern.

rewebster said:
Ferns are great for photographing

ferns04.jpg
Heh! I took some very similar pictures of younger ferns last spring.

28umy3m.jpg

Gokul43201 said:
Heh! I took some very similar pictures of younger ferns last spring.

28umy3m.jpg

do I have quote that one about great minds?

Meanwhile, I saw Huey, Dewey, Louie and (or in) April, today

35auhhg.jpg

Seen in the local garden today:

2vkdj5x.jpg

Spring in pink:

2ps3v5g.jpg

28guqgo.jpg

If the ferns are ostrich ferns, the young "fiddleheads" are very tasty. Steam them and serve with butter and a bit of cider vinegar, salt and pepper.

We don't have too much new spring foliage, apart from some new tiny leaves on willows, etc. So here's a picture of what we do have - snow-capped mountains. We got snow both days last weekend.
th_scenic420.jpg

Meanwhile the grebes have been on the nest for several weeks now. It looks like the wings are spread a bit more. Chicks underneat?

2vmg0ah.jpg

Life size crop, notice the algae fibres on the nose:
w15qnq.jpg

Ferns and baby ducks-can't get any more spring-like than that!

Well, it's mating-season for crane flies. This amorous couple was on the back deck, and when I startled them, they flew onto the wall. Very clumsy flying, BTW, because they were hooked together, but somehow they pulled it off. By the way, the female crane fly (on the top) is a couple of legs shy of a full complement.

Honeybees are here early (though no pictures). We haven't had many around the past few years, but today I saw several, comfortably ahead of the flowering of my apple trees. Fingers crossed for good pollination and a great crop.

craneflies.jpg

Last edited:
Kerrie said:
Ferns and baby ducks-can't get any more spring-like than that!

The goose chicks are maybe spring-est?

24nicfd.jpg

grey.jpg

The best sign of spring here, Moral Mushrooms!

And there they are, my most favorite spring signs in the Netherlands.

Mother (father) grebe proudly presenting piggybacking chick one and chick two

10y06cx.jpg

explaining to a casually passing coot that it were to be preferred if he'd leave the area in a most expedited way

23st1ep.jpg

The chicks are not visible most of the time,

iqfqza.jpg

Happy family

Portrait of chick one (life size crop)

ekkvaa.jpg

I see I need a EOS 550D, it was totally overcast and the pic was taken with ISO 500, this was the best compromise between manually sharpening and noise reduction of the RAW image in DPP.

Last edited:
At first, I thought it's a sponge or somthing, nice hypatia.

Wow Andre, those little chicks look so cute, kind of unique-looking creatures.

Yes it's amazing, drizzle

Today I made the dream shot, almost

fz6rtx.jpg

The transfer moment of the fish, spoiled by some stalks and blades.

Andre said:
Yes it's amazing, drizzle

Today I made the dream shot, almost

fz6rtx.jpg

The transfer moment of the fish, spoiled by some stalks and blades.

Wow :!) what a great shot, Andre!

And can a little chick really eat a meal that's almost as big as his own head?!?

Yes it can Lisa. I'll show you sequence lateron

Made some dream shots after all. Yay! It was well worth laying in the mud, waiting and waiting.

Dad or mum arrived with a little fish but from that left side it was to far from the chicks, so the mum or dad on the nest took over the fish and offered it the the closest chick:

The full frame:

2zyel50.jpg

Life size crop

2ajroxx.jpg

Spring means apple-blossoms. Hoping for enough warm dry weather this week to get them well-pollinated. Last year's crop was terrible due to the cold wet spring.

appleblossom-1.jpg

Andre said:
Yay! It was well worth laying in the mud, waiting and waiting.

2zyel50.jpg

Lying in a mud to take such shot is a pleasure. Specific one, but still pleasure.

Borek said:
Lying in a mud to take such shot is a pleasure. Specific one, but still pleasure.

Exactly right.

Occasionally the geese passed by

zt9cew.jpg

Another feeding moment. Notice the chick's wing.

10cnr6b.jpg

100% crop:

21oswh.jpg

Occasionally a chick tumbles from the back. Dad (or mom) sees to it that it gets back on as soon as possible.

25s4hg7.jpg

Hmmm, this goose has blue eyes.

wa293o.jpg

Related to Have you seen these stunning spring pictures?

1. What makes these spring pictures stunning?

These spring pictures are stunning because they capture the beauty of the season with vibrant colors, blooming flowers, and scenic landscapes.

2. Where were these spring pictures taken?

These spring pictures were taken in various locations around the world, showcasing the diversity of spring in different environments.

3. Who took these spring pictures?

These spring pictures were taken by various photographers who have a keen eye for capturing the essence of spring through their lenses.

4. Can I use these spring pictures for my own projects?

These spring pictures are usually protected by copyright, so it is best to seek permission from the photographer or purchase the rights to use them for your projects.

5. What equipment was used to capture these stunning spring pictures?

The equipment used to capture these stunning spring pictures varies, but most likely includes a high-quality camera, tripod, and various lenses to capture different perspectives and details.