Green Theorem: Solving ∫(y+x^2*cosx)dx+(2x-y^2*sin(y))dy on x^2+y^2=1

In summary, the Green Theorem is a fundamental theorem in mathematics that relates the line integral of a vector field over a closed curve to the double integral over the region enclosed by the curve. It has various applications in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics. Understanding of basic calculus and vector calculus concepts is necessary to comprehend the theorem. To use it, one must identify the vector field and closed curve or region and pay attention to the orientation and direction. However, it can only be applied to two-dimensional vector fields and has assumptions about the continuity and differentiability of the field, as well as the simplicity and orientation of the curve or region.
Brunno
Hello fellows,

I am not sure if the answer i got this question is the correct one. Could it not be it?

∫(y+x^2*cosx)dx+(2x-y^2*sin(y))dy within the llimit of the circle x^2+y^2=1

Physics news on Phys.org
Ah and the answer i got was 2pi

Yes, that is correct. Why would you be not sure? It's about as easy a Greens theorem problem as you can have!

Thank you man. That was the answer I was expecting to read too.

Related to Green Theorem: Solving ∫(y+x^2*cosx)dx+(2x-y^2*sin(y))dy on x^2+y^2=1

What is the Green Theorem and how does it work?

The Green Theorem, also known as the Green's Theorem, is a fundamental theorem in mathematics that relates the line integral of a vector field over a closed curve to the double integral over the region enclosed by the curve. In simpler terms, it allows us to calculate the area of a region by evaluating a line integral. This theorem is used in many fields, such as physics, engineering, and economics.

What are the applications of the Green Theorem?

The Green Theorem has a wide range of applications in different fields. It is used to solve problems related to fluid mechanics, electromagnetism, and heat transfer. In physics, it is used to calculate the work done by a force along a closed path. In engineering, it is used to calculate the circulation and flux of a vector field. It is also used in economics to model consumer preferences and market equilibrium.

What are the prerequisites for understanding the Green Theorem?

An understanding of basic calculus concepts, such as derivatives and integrals, is necessary for understanding the Green Theorem. It is also helpful to have a good grasp of vector calculus, including vector fields, line integrals, and double integrals. Some familiarity with the concept of closed curves and regions is also beneficial.

How can I use the Green Theorem to solve problems?

To use the Green Theorem to solve problems, you first need to identify the vector field and the closed curve or region in question. Then, you can use the theorem to calculate the line integral or double integral, depending on what is given in the problem. It is important to pay attention to the orientation of the curve and the direction of the vector field, as this can affect the final result.

Are there any limitations or assumptions of the Green Theorem?

While the Green Theorem is a powerful tool for solving various problems, it does have some limitations and assumptions. One of the main limitations is that it can only be applied to two-dimensional vector fields. It also assumes that the vector field is continuous and differentiable over the region of interest. Additionally, the curve or region must be simple and have a well-defined orientation. If these conditions are not met, the Green Theorem may not be applicable.