General Science level books for Defence technology

In summary, the instructor taught a week of space technology followed by a week of Defence Technology. The physics prerequisites that are needed there have been attained.
Hall
Additional/Optional Subject: Space and Defence technology.

Began a week ago, they taught a whole week, for 2.5 hours per day on space technology: Orbiter, Rover, Ramjet, Scramjet, Air-breathing engine, Reusable Launching Vehicle and et cetra ... et cetra... Thought, I, could absorb and understand it all just by attending the lectures; wrong, I. Until I read books I won’t understand it; within a couple of days they would begin Defence Technology, maybe something about how deadly a weapon could be and scientific analysis of how it would carry out the murders (if Russia then murders, if US then liberation).

Everything is of General Science level, I don’t know how we all understand “General Science” but according to them knowledge of Polar orbits, low-earth orbits, geo-stationary/synchronous orbits, Mars mission and all these things are general and I really don’t know what they will consider as General in Defence.

Can you please suggest me some books on Defence which would help me?

Likes Delta2
Physics news on Phys.org
Why not ask the instructors?

I know for underwater acoustics there are several fundamental books that teach the basics assuming you are grounded in first undergrad math and physics.

Im guessing in this case a good classical mechanics book like Goldstein might give you a background in orbital mechanics but not at the level you mention in your post.

jedishrfu said:
I know for underwater acoustics there are several fundamental books that teach the basics assuming you are grounded in first undergrad math and physics.

Im guessing in this case a good classical mechanics book like Goldstein might give you a background in orbital mechanics but not at the level you mention in your post.
The physics pre-requisites that are needed there has been attained.

1. What is the purpose of "General Science level books for Defence technology"?

The purpose of these books is to provide a comprehensive understanding of the scientific principles and technologies used in the defense industry. They cover a wide range of topics such as physics, chemistry, biology, engineering, and computer science, all of which are crucial in developing and maintaining advanced defense systems.

2. Are these books suitable for beginners in the field of defense technology?

Yes, these books are designed to be accessible to readers with a basic understanding of science and technology. They provide a solid foundation for those new to the field and also offer more advanced concepts for experienced professionals.

3. How are these books different from other science textbooks?

These books are specifically tailored to the needs of the defense industry. They focus on the practical application of scientific principles in developing and improving defense technologies. They also include case studies and real-world examples to help readers understand the relevance of the concepts to the defense field.

4. Can these books be used for self-study?

Yes, these books are suitable for self-study as they are well-organized and provide clear explanations of complex topics. They also include practice questions and exercises to test understanding and reinforce learning.

5. Are these books updated with the latest advancements in defense technology?

Yes, these books are regularly updated to include the latest advancements and innovations in defense technology. They also include information on emerging technologies and their potential impact on the defense industry.