Geek Entertainment sites thread.

In summary: You know, those things where people die. In summary, this comic strip is about a Ph.D. student who creates a comic strip about a Ph.D. student who creates a comic strip about a Guernsey Islands-based nation that is unoppressed in their personal lives but has a corrupt government. The comic strip is funny and makes fun of other countries. Some people have started their own PF region, and gokul has declared war on the creator.
Smurf
Physics news on Phys.org
umm www.ytmnd.com is pretty funny lol. its kind of like its own art form

http://www.thinkgeek.com/index.shtml

hypatia said:
omg they have a Guernsey flag. :smile: :smile: :biggrin: :-p :smile: :smile:

Hey guys, check it out:
The Free Land of The Guernsey Islands is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its absence of drug laws. Its compassionate, cynical population of 5 million are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, socially-minded government stops and the rest of society begins, but it devotes most of its attentions to Social Welfare, with areas such as Law & Order and Defence receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 68%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Uranium Mining.

Crime is totally unknown. The Guernsey Islands's national animal is the Guinea Pig, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the guern.

Last edited:
what was that one site with computer stupidities? :smile:

Here's mine nation :

The Free Land of Gidofferbutt is a tiny, economically powerful nation, renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, intelligent population of 5 million are either ruled by a small, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.

The tiny, pro-business government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. Income tax is unheard of. A large private sector is led by the Basket Weaving industry, followed by Gambling and Cheese Exports.

Crime is a major problem. Gidofferbutt's national animal is the ant and its currency is the thang.

That game is clearly designed by a bunch of softy pinkos !

Hey, let's start a PF region!

btw gokul, I just declared war on you.

Smurf said:
Hey, let's start a PF region!

This idea I like.

franznietzsche said:
This idea I like.
:-p I already made one actually. I invited gokul but I don't think he's going to bother. :mad:

Smurf said:
btw gokul, I just declared war on you.
War, schmorr! Go fight your kiddie wars somewhere else. Us folks have work to do.

Gokul43201 said:
War, schmorr! Go fight your kiddie wars somewhere else. Us folks have work to do.
bah, fine. I just reduced military spending anyways. S'pose it's for the best.

You're the capitalist 'paradise' though, war is good for business fool.

The Empire of Normanism
"Live Free or Die B******"

UN Category: Inoffensive Centrist Democracy
Civil Rights:
Some Economy:
Strong Political Freedoms:
Some

The Empire of Normanism is a tiny, pleasant nation, renowned for its burgeoning falcon population. Its hard-nosed, hard-working population of 5 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

The small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Religion & Spirituality, and Social Welfare. The average income tax rate is 10%. A healthy private sector is led by the Door-to-door Insurance Sales, Arms Manufacturing, and Automobile Manufacturing industries.

Crime is a problem. Normanism's national animal is the falcon and its currency is the crown.

great site!

Can I join The PF Subcontinent?

I am now the head of all of PF's militia :smile:

um...some countries in Europe are...umm...gone :rolleyes:

anyone who wants to join "The PF Subcontinent" can - the password is "physicsforums"

Um, so how do you fight these wars anyway ? At the forums ?

Gokul43201 said:
Um, so how do you fight these wars anyway ? At the forums ?
Not a clue. I just typed that in a telegram and sent it to you.

Hah, how typical...stupid, psychotic despots and their silly wars !

Now stop wasting my time, we've got work to do.

Gokul43201 said:
Hah, how typical...stupid, psychotic despots and their silly wars !
Did you not hear me say I just sided with the peace activists? :rolleyes:

Yey!
http://www.nationstates.net/cgi-bin/index.cgi/target=display_nation/nation=tensor_analysis

The Dominion of Tensor Analysis is a tiny, environmentally stunning nation, renowned for its compulsory military service. Its hard-nosed, cynical population of 5 million are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."

The large, corrupt, moralistic government is effectively ruled by the Department of Law & Order, with areas such as Social Welfare and Religion & Spirituality receiving almost no funds by comparison. The average income tax rate is 30%, but much higher for the wealthy. A small but healthy private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, followed by Trout Farming and Door-to-door Insurance Sales.

Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. Tensor Analysis's national animal is the differential form, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the manifold.

Sweet. The PF Subcontinent has 4 nations now. Hmmm, when can we get a UN delegate? Has anyone tried joining the UN yet?

Smurf said:
Sweet. The PF Subcontinent has 4 nations now. Hmmm, when can we get a UN delegate? Has anyone tried joining the UN yet?
Let's attack the UN! o:)

Berislav said:
Let's attack the UN! o:)
That idea I like. :approve:

I am in the UN, but I can act as the so called mainstream burgeoning democratic minority, but secretly fueling the fires of war and oppression behind the scenes. Plus I am the region's leading manufacturer of automobiles, let's see how much the UN enjoys their vehicles... Oh wait, I am one of those inoffensive democratic states... or so they think!

I think we need the pirate sisterhood to join our subcontinent and start being our militant wing!

I've just joined the continent. Now we will see what I can do to turn a republic into a benevolant dictatorship.

Damn, I misread.
GEEK entertainment, who cares?

I will not let you kill this thread arildno!
Check the notices on the SubContinent everyone.

I have moved my nation to PF, we are up to 6!