From BA in Math to Manufacturing: A Scientist's Journey and Daydreams

• Thread starter Astronautty
  • Start date
In summary, the article discusses the journey of a scientist who pursued a BA in Math and eventually landed a job in the manufacturing industry. It explores the challenges and opportunities faced by the scientist, as well as their daydreams for the future. The article highlights the importance of having a diverse skill set and adapting to new environments in order to succeed in different industries. It also emphasizes the role of passion and determination in achieving one's career goals.
Astronautty
I'm basically creating an account to ask a couple of questions, at least for now. Hopefully I can manage to avoid complete idiocy. My background is rather muddled, but I broke out of high school with a few college credits (late 80s, so real college classes, not AP, not that one is better than another) and almost salutatorian, then found out I had crappy study habits. Initially pursued astronomy, but laziness and fear of math moved me around various schools and majors (including some time declared for physics XOR computer science) before finally facing the beast head-on and finishing my BA in math, 19 years after starting college. I went BA instead of BS because it was faster to finish and I was burnt out, feeling much of what is described in: https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/physics-makes-me-feel-really-worthless.1001069/

Nonetheless, I take flights of fancy from time to time, especially while working on the production line. So I want to ask some possibly brain-dead questions here.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

We are a heavily moderated forum so please take some time to read our site guidelines. See link below in my signature.

Welcome again.

Likes Astronautty
Welcome to PhysicsForums. Cute avatar picture! :smile:

Likes Astronautty