Finding Images of a Red Ball at Point A: Location & Number

In summary, the conversation discusses the placement of a red ball at point A in a figure and the number and location of images seen by an observer at point O. The first question is answered with the statement that there are three images, while the second question prompts the responder to enter the answers as ordered pairs in meters based on the origin and axes specified. The responder is unsure of how to complete the second part of the question.
rayhan619

Homework Statement

A red ball is placed at point A in the figure. (Intro 1 figure) : figure attached

How many images are seen by an observer at point O?

Where is each image seen by an observer located?
Enter your answers as an ordered pairs (x, y) separated with comma(s), where x and y are in meters. Assume the origin is at the corner of the mirror, +x axis is directed to the right, and +y axis is directed upward.

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

i guess the answer of first question is 3
but i donno how to do 2nd part

Attachments

• jfk.Figure.18.P11.jpg
    jfk.Figure.18.P11.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 686
Physics news on Phys.org
rayhan619 said:
Enter your answers as an ordered pairs (x, y) separated with comma(s), where x and y are in meters. Assume the origin is at the corner of the mirror, +x axis is directed to the right, and +y axis is directed upward.

i guess the answer of first question is 3
but i donno how to do 2nd part

Hi rayhan619! :wink:

Well, the object is at (-1,-2), so the three images are at … ? :smile:

I would like to clarify a few things before providing a response. Firstly, the figure attached is not visible, so it is unclear what the setup is. Secondly, the term "observer" is not specific enough. Is the observer a human with naked eyes, a camera, or a scientific instrument? Thirdly, the term "mirror" is mentioned, which suggests that the red ball is being reflected. Without a proper explanation of the setup, it is difficult to provide a precise response.

Assuming that the figure attached is a setup with a mirror and the observer is a human with naked eyes, the answer to the first question would be 2, not 3. This is because the observer would only see the direct image of the red ball and its reflection in the mirror, making a total of two images.

As for the second question, without knowing the exact setup and the location of the observer, it is impossible to provide an accurate response. The location of each image would depend on the angle of incidence and reflection, the distance between the red ball and the mirror, and the distance between the mirror and the observer. These parameters would need to be specified in order to determine the exact location of each image.

Related to Finding Images of a Red Ball at Point A: Location & Number

1. How can I find images of a red ball at a specific location?

To find images of a red ball at a specific location, you can use a search engine and type in keywords such as "red ball at [location name]." This will bring up a variety of images from different sources that match your search criteria.

2. Can I narrow down my search to only find a specific number of red balls at a location?

Yes, you can use advanced search options on some search engines to specify the number of red balls you want to find at a particular location. This will help filter out any irrelevant images and provide more accurate results.

3. Is there a specific website or database that specializes in images of red balls at specific locations?

There is no specific website or database that specializes in this type of search. However, there are websites and databases that specialize in stock photos or images of specific locations, which may include images of red balls.

4. How accurate are the images I find of red balls at a specific location?

The accuracy of the images will depend on the source and the context in which the image was taken. If the image is from a reputable source and clearly shows a red ball at the specified location, then it can be considered accurate.

5. Are there any limitations to finding images of a red ball at a specific location?

Some limitations to consider when searching for images of a red ball at a specific location may include the availability and quality of images, the accuracy of the location information, and the use of keywords and search filters. It's important to keep these limitations in mind when conducting your search.