Looking for a new'ish thread I've misplaced : something like "one car drives around a 200m circle, the other car along a road...."

• Thread starter hmmm27
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Thread
hmmm27
Gold Member
I was looking through a thread earlier today : I *thought* I had it Watched, but apparently not.

and the OP included a graph with data points.

Can't seem to find it in Alerts (neither popup, nor my-account alert list), and Searching backwards through recent posts made my eyes glaze over and I didn't see it (possibility I missed it).

If somebody knows which thread I'm talking about...

Either that, or is there a method of looking at recent Threads (not Posts, that's too arduous).

Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
Try searching for 200m circle.

Search found one hit from 18+ years ago:
https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...-match-earths-gravity-on-a-200m-circle.67413/

Cheers,
Tom

p.s. General search tip: The shorter the search term you use, the wider the search results are.
Since our human memory is semi-volatile and imperfect, also try slightly different phrasing. I tried 200 meter circle and got 15 hits.

Last edited:
Likes Lnewqban
Nono, that's the one. Sorry for the delay : I'm in Microsoft's version of Chat hell currently in another Tab and haven't checked. Thanks loads. I'll delete my reply in that thread to keep it out of everybody's way in awhile.

Got it, thanks everybody.

As a note that might help somebody in the future :

When you click on Forums at the top of the page, the drop-down items includes "Watched Threads" which is what I wanted, but what I didn't notice is that it has a parameter "Show only Unread", which you have to get rid of if you're looking for something that you're already up to date on reading.

Carry on.

• Informative
Likes Tom.G and berkeman