Exploring the Unknown: The First Inter-Galactic Voyage

• Thread starter Noisy Rhysling
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Universe
In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of dark matter beings feeding on dark energy and eventually creating their own universes. However, they ignore life around the hot spots as the climate is too uncomfortable for them. One day, one of these beings notices an artifact emerging from a hot zone and moves over to investigate. This leads to another intergalactic road kill, which goes unnoticed by the people on the bridge of Voyager One. The ship's psychic/crazy also senses that something is not right but cannot properly explain it to the doctor. The conversation then shifts to discussing a story about the first voyage to intergalactic space, with doubts that Voyager One will make it out of the Milky Way.
Noisy Rhysling
It's here so the dark matter "being" can feed on dark energy and grow up. When they achieve a more advanced state they move on to create their own universes, where their offspring can grow up. So far they've ignored life around the "hot spots", the climate there is too uncomfortable for them.

But one day one of them notice an artifact emerging from the hot zone around one star a few galaxies over. If it could read it would see "Voyage One" on the side. Intrigued, it moves over to chat...

Physics news on Phys.org
... and Voyage One creates another intergalactic road kill.

No one on the bridge notices anything. The ships psychic/crazy "feels that something is not right" but can not properly explain to the ship's doctor.

Likes omnipojack
stefan r said:
... and Voyage One creates another intergalactic road kill.

No one on the bridge notices anything. The ships psychic/crazy "feels that something is not right" but can not properly explain to the ship's doctor.
There's people on the bridge of Voyager One?

Noisy Rhysling said:
There's people on the bridge of Voyager One?

The_e was no "r" in the o_ignal post.

I was picturing something like USS voyager:
250px-VoyagerStarship.jpg

stefan r said:
The_e was no "r" in the o_ignal post.

I was picturing something like USS voyager:
View attachment 206916
I'll have to answer to the grammar Klingons for that one, won't I?

Noisy Rhysling said:
I'll have to answer to the grammar Klingons for that one, won't I?

No. Just write a story about first voyage to inter-galactic space.

I doubt Voyager One is going to make it out of the milky way.

stefan r said:
No. Just write a story about first voyage to inter-galactic space.

I doubt Voyager One is going to make it out of the milky way.
I didn't say it would.

Related to Exploring the Unknown: The First Inter-Galactic Voyage

1. Why does the Universe exist?

The existence of the Universe is a fundamental question that has puzzled humanity for centuries. The answer to this question is still unknown, but there are various theories that attempt to explain it. Some theories suggest that the Universe has always existed, while others propose that it was created by a higher power or through a natural process like the Big Bang.

2. How did the Universe come into existence?

The most widely accepted theory for the origin of the Universe is the Big Bang theory. According to this theory, the Universe began as a singularity, a point of infinite density and temperature. Around 13.8 billion years ago, this singularity expanded and started to cool, resulting in the formation of matter and energy. This process continues to this day, and the Universe is still expanding.

3. Is the Universe infinite?

The question of whether the Universe is infinite or not is still a topic of debate among scientists. The observable Universe, which is the part of the Universe that we can see, is estimated to be around 93 billion light-years in diameter. However, it is unknown what lies beyond the observable Universe, and some theories suggest that the Universe may indeed be infinite.

4. Are there other Universes?

The concept of multiple universes, or the multiverse, is a popular theory among scientists. It suggests that our Universe is just one of many parallel universes that exist. These universes may have different physical laws and properties, making them vastly different from our own. However, this theory is still highly debated and has yet to be proven.

5. Will we ever know the true purpose of the Universe?

The purpose of the Universe is a philosophical question that may never have a definitive answer. Science can provide theories and explanations for the existence of the Universe, but the purpose behind it may be beyond our understanding. It is up to each individual to form their own beliefs and ideas about the purpose of the Universe.