Question regarding supermassive black holes in the early Universe

In summary, the current consensus in the field of supermassive black holes suggests that dark matter, a form of real matter that does not interact with the electromagnetic field, would have been present in the early universe. This is supported by observations of the cosmic microwave background. However, due to its lack of interaction, it is less likely to form accretion disks and be consumed by black holes. This leads to the paradox of early supermassive black holes being more massive than expected, as they would have consumed large amounts of normal matter but not as much dark matter. This also raises questions about the formation and evolution of dark matter structures in the universe.
WIM_PHOTON
TL;DR Summary
are early SMBH actually mostly supermassive dark black holes?
I'm really curious about this, but I want to know how wrong I am. I've seen in a lot of content recently about how observations of early supermassive blackholes are observed to be more massive than they should be.

If I understand it correctly it has to do with the maximum rate a super massive black hole can consume matter. Specifically, though not entirely, for black holes that would emerge due to the collapse of gas, rather than gorging on early stars. At a certain point the accretion disk creates enough radiation pressure that it pushes the surrounding gas out, preventing further collapse, thus setting a limit on how fast it can grow. The age of the black holes contradict their mass, exceeding the theory. I know that the outward consensus does not represent the lively debated theories within the field. My curiosity is also two-fold; of course I could go and get informed about the different types of growing theories myself, but I want to see exactly how flawed my independent reasoning is, based of off the basic principles.

Now, if we accept the current consensus that (as I understand, please correct me if otherwise):
a) dark matter is a form of real matter that gravitationally interacts with matter but does not meaningfully interact with the electromagnetic field,
b) the early universe was dense/soupy,
c) analysis of CMB observations indicates evidence of dark matter,
d) then a + b would mean that the early universe must have contained significant amounts of matter and dark matter in close proximity, contrasting the modern universe where dark matter seems to mostly reside in halos around galaxies and intergalactic filaments,
c) if these massive black holes formed from large quantities of matter then does it not stand to reason that the dark matter mixed within would also follow, or vice versa?
d) if the latter part in, a, is true would that not mean that these black holes could consume dark matter at a continuous rate not limited by radiation pressure?
e) thus you can end up with a monsters just over 1b solar masses, before the universe even turns 1b yo, where 85% of its mass was gained juicing supplements that would be unavailable for those looking to gain mass later in the evolution of the universe.

To consider somewhat separate from my main line of reasoning, my lazy shower thoughts about the implication of my line of reasoning is that:
If dark matter particles, in their fundamental form, i.e. something equivalent to H+, are more massive then does it stand to reason that if both types of matter at the outermost reaches started collapsing very slowly the normal matter would, due to inertia, outpace the former. As normal matter starts to be pushed out by the radiation pressure from the accretion disk any further incoming matter would get crammed in as a ring/disk in a radius balanced by the force of the collapsing matter. The dark matter far out enough to be considered intergalactic stays like a hollow shell/halo along with other matter, connected to other such structures with a filament/string.

thanks

Astronomy news on Phys.org
The lack of EM interaction makes DM unable to form accretion discs, therefore it's much less likely to end up in black holes. In a way, the same sized black hole provides a much, much bigger target for normal matter than dark matter.

In a gravitational field of central mass M, all masses m are accelerated at the same rate (when you can assume that the central mass M>>m). The inertial mass cancels out. So it doesn't matter how massive are the particles you consider.

Likes Ibix

1. What is a supermassive black hole?

A supermassive black hole is a type of black hole that is millions or even billions of times more massive than the sun. It is located at the center of most galaxies, including our own Milky Way.

2. How do supermassive black holes form in the early Universe?

The exact mechanism of how supermassive black holes form in the early Universe is still not fully understood. However, it is believed that they formed from the collapse of large clouds of gas and dust, and then continued to grow through mergers with other black holes and the accretion of matter.

3. How far back in time can we observe supermassive black holes in the early Universe?

Due to the vast distances and time scales involved, we can only observe supermassive black holes in the early Universe up to a certain point. Currently, the most distant supermassive black hole that has been observed is located 13.1 billion light years away, which corresponds to a time when the Universe was only 690 million years old.

4. What role do supermassive black holes play in the formation and evolution of galaxies?

Supermassive black holes are thought to play a crucial role in the formation and evolution of galaxies. They are believed to regulate the growth of galaxies by releasing large amounts of energy through processes such as accretion and merging with other black holes. They also influence the distribution and movement of stars and gas within galaxies.

5. Are there any ongoing studies or research on supermassive black holes in the early Universe?

Yes, there are ongoing studies and research on supermassive black holes in the early Universe. Scientists use various telescopes and instruments, such as the Hubble Space Telescope and the Atacama Large Millimeter Array, to observe and study these objects. They also use computer simulations to better understand the formation and evolution of supermassive black holes and their impact on the Universe.