Exploring Morphing Powers in Kepler Bb: Wilderness Survival Grade

• Writing: Input Wanted
  • Thread starter caters
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Kepler
In summary, the conversation is about a group of humanoid students on Kepler Bb who possess morphing powers and are taking a wilderness survival class. Some students have powers such as shark, snake, gecko, otter, bird, turtle, and crocodile, while others rely on other abilities like IR vision, heat resistance, and cold resistance. After a year of training, the students are graded by their mentor and those with a low grade must improve before continuing in the class. The students have the ability to change species and their powers require a lot of energy. The level of morphing can vary from superficial mimicry to DNA mutation. The students have evolved to control their powers and manage their energy levels.
caters
In my Kepler Bb story, some of the humanoids that go to school, in fact a lot of them, have some kind of morphing power.

Here is an example of what a typical grade in Wilderness Survival class(which is weighted especially on females since when they are looking for a husband they either stay with their relatives until they find one, or they survive in the wilderness) would be like:

Day 1:

Mentor: Okay, before we go out into the wilderness let's see if any of you have morphing powers.

(Students morphing)

Student 1: I have shark power.

Student 2: I have venomous snake power.

Student 3: I have gecko power.

Student 4: I have otter power.

Student 5: I have bird power.

Student 6: I have turtle power.

Student 7: I have crocodile power.

etc.

Mentor: Okay, those will all have their place. As for the ones without morphing powers you have a slight disadvantage. However if you have other powers like IR vision, heat resistance, and cold resistance you are still likely to survive.

1 year later

Mentor: You have done such a great job that I am leaving you here until next year. Next year I will pick you up and grade you. Anybody who gets a grade lower than B- has to either leave the class or learn more until they get at least a B-

1 year later

The students have kept track of what they did at what times.

Mentor: Time to pick you up and grade you.

(Mentor grading)

Mentor: Crocodile man, you have done a great job, A+. Gecko girl B-, etc.

Now I know these names may sound like comic book names, but really they are just nicknames for the students.

Now I know that morphing requires a lot of energy. The ones that would require the most energy I think would be shark and crocodile.

So what would a humanoid do before morphing? Fill its stomach to maximum capacity and wait for the big meal to be digested?

Physics news on Phys.org
Do you want these creatures to literally change species, or just mimic them? How deep of a level or morphing are you talking about? DNA mutation like the Xenomorphs form alien? Reconfiguration like a butterfly? Or just a superficial thing like the Mimic octopus?

DNA mutation I'm not sure would ever work even on a theoretical level on macro animals.
Reconfiguration would probably take several weeks of gestation, it'd have to eat like a bear before hybernation, it probably would have evolved as a response to a cyclical variable like the seasons.
Mimicry would be as natural to them as it is the the octopus, and they probably wouldn't need to do anything special, they would have evolved it for defense, hunting, or mating, all of which require the ability to turn it on and off quickly. Mating would probably be best for your species, since it wouldn't be as natural to them, having only developing the ability during puberty.

As an internet forum user, I find this concept of morphing powers in a school setting on Kepler Bb to be fascinating. It adds a unique element to the story and I can't wait to see how the characters will use their powers in the wilderness survival class.

I also appreciate the inclusion of different powers and how they can be advantageous in different situations. It shows that even if someone doesn't have morphing powers, they can still use their other abilities to survive.

One thing I am curious about is how the students control their morphing powers. Is it something they have to learn or does it come naturally? And what about the energy consumption, as you mentioned? It would be interesting to see how the students manage their energy levels and when they choose to use their powers.

Overall, this is a well-developed concept and I am excited to see where the story goes. Keep up the great work!

Related to Exploring Morphing Powers in Kepler Bb: Wilderness Survival Grade

1. What is Kepler Bb and why is it important to study?

Kepler Bb is an exoplanet, meaning it is a planet outside of our solar system. It is important to study because it is located in the habitable zone of its star, meaning it could potentially support life.

2. What are morphing powers and how do they relate to Kepler Bb?

Morphing powers refer to the ability to change one's physical form, such as shapeshifting. In the context of Kepler Bb, we are exploring how these powers could be used for wilderness survival on an alien planet.

3. How will this study be conducted?

This study will involve a combination of research and experimental simulations. We will gather information about the environment and conditions on Kepler Bb, and then use that information to create scenarios for morphing powers to be tested in.

4. What are some potential benefits of developing morphing powers for wilderness survival?

Developing morphing powers for wilderness survival on Kepler Bb could potentially allow humans to adapt to the planet's environment and resources more easily. This could increase our chances of successfully colonizing the planet and could also provide valuable insights for future space exploration and survival.

5. What are some challenges that may arise in developing morphing powers for wilderness survival on Kepler Bb?

Some challenges that may arise include accurately predicting the planet's environment and conditions, as well as understanding the limitations and consequences of using morphing powers. There may also be ethical considerations to take into account when experimenting with human abilities for survival on another planet.