How Can I Improve My Grades in High School Science Courses?

• Thread starter MarcoR17
  • Start date
In summary, there are several steps you can take to improve your grades in high school science courses. First, make sure you attend all classes and pay attention during lectures. Take thorough notes and review them regularly. Additionally, set aside dedicated study time each day for science, and use resources such as textbooks, study guides, and online resources to supplement your learning. Seek help from your teacher or a tutor if you are struggling with a particular topic. Practice regularly with past exams and quizzes to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions. Lastly, stay organized and manage your time effectively to avoid last-minute cramming and stress. By implementing these strategies, you can improve your understanding and performance in high school science courses.
MarcoR17
Hello, its been quite a few years since I've been part of a forum but here I am.
I am a 17 year old high school student from Portugal.

I am currently on the high school course known as the hardest (I don't know if its similar to any USA course since this things change from country to country) I have Math, Phisics/Chemistry(as one single subject), Biology/Geology(also as one single subject), Philosophy, and a few more less important subjects.

Before high school I had really high grades on everything but now on Highschool things are a lot different, I feel tiredand can't study as much as I would like for the hardest subjects (Math and Phisics/Chemistry) the grades rank from 1 to 20 and I have a 9 on Phisics/Chemistry and a 7 on Math.

As you can see its been hard, I want to become an IT expert I am on the 2nd year of high school and I will only have an IT related subject on the last year(3rd year).

However I want to get better grades because they are required and also because maybe one day I will use this knowledge and mix it with my knowledge about computers and programming.
That is why I am here, to learn with you guys! :oldbiggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF Marco. We are glad to have you.

Likes MarcoR17
Welcome to PF! This is a great place to learn. I'll help any way I can.

Likes MarcoR17
Hey :)

Welcome Marco .

Likes MarcoR17