Embarking on a Journey to Become a Professor of Astrophysics: My Story and Goals

• Thread starter Lillie
  • Start date
In summary, my journey to becoming a professor of astrophysics has been filled with determination and passion for the subject. Through hard work and perseverance, I have achieved my dream of obtaining a PhD in astrophysics and am now on the path to becoming a professor. My ultimate goal is to inspire and educate future generations about the wonders of the universe through teaching and research. With a strong foundation in both theoretical and observational astrophysics, I am ready to embark on this journey and make a meaningful contribution to the field.
Lillie
Hello to all,

You may call me Lillie. I am a soon-to-be 22-year-old first-year college student embarking on a lengthy journey to become a professor of astrophysics. I was initially afraid to pursue a career that I once had perceived to be only attainable by those with the sharpest of minds, but realized that everyone is ignorant until knowledgeable. With this, I decided to start from the bottom and build up. I have never taken a math course past Algebra 1 and failed both physics and chemistry in high school (how did I get a diploma!?). It's going to be a long, meticulous path, so I hope I can rely on the users here to help me better understand anything that may baffle me. Thankfully, I am only taking a course in the IDEAS of physics which does not require much math, but I would still love to learn as much as I can--including the mathematics!
Aside from physics, I draw, sing, cook, play video games and am learning computer programming on the side. :) Prior to college, I was studying (independently) audio engineering, psychology, philosophy and quantum physics.

I hope we all get along and perhaps become friends eventually,
Lillie

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!