Do you love being a member of the Yellow Clique?

• Thread starter zoobyshoe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary, the thread may only be posted by yellow members, and it seems that they may be snubbing non-yellow members.
zoobyshoe
This is a thread that may only be posted in by yellow members. If you are yellow, post a remark or two.

Isn't it nice being yellow?

Physics news on Phys.org
yes it is

marlon

Another clique, just what we needed :rolleyes: I think we should start another 'thank you thread', just for all the people who are yellow :-p

Yellow members may feel free to snub non-yellow respondents to this thread.

zoobyshoe said:
Yellow members may feel free to snub non-yellow respondents to this thread.

yeah it really is...

didn't i tell you this before ?

marlon

ps let's start a thanks thread, yeah beestig

zo nen toffen thread, jonges, den beste ooit...echt waar

marlon

elle est entree dans mon coeur, me parlait de bonheur, oui je vois la vie en jaune...
elle me dit des mots d'amour, des mots des tout les jours,car je l'ai baisee en jaune, bla bla bla

marlon

dammit

ma che cosa possono farmi ? Dipingermi totalmente in giallo e dire, ecco cameriere ebbreo/cinese

marlon

Yellow is a shade of green, ja ?

Can formerly yellow, now green people post?

I would like to say thanks to all of our yellow members!

Thank you!

:smile: Zooby, you seem to really enjoy your new color. :biggrin: But I'm rapidly getting closer to having been yellow for a year, and I'd like a new color now. I get bored of wearing the same thing all the time. :-p Now that the mentors aren't using red anymore, can I have red? As you can tell from my photos, I really look good in red. :biggrin:

Of course the only real clique here is the green click. They have their own green-members-only room and everything, and I think they sit in there talking about the rest of us, making fun and deciding who they're going to kick out of the club. I hear they have a hot tub and sauna in the executive washroom as well.

I keep laughing at those "thank you" threads in Feedback. What inspired all of those all of a sudden? It's starting to sound like some cheesy awards banquet over there. "I'd like to thank my mom and dad for telling me I'd never amount to anything so I'd prove them wrong, my agent for tirelessly lobbying the awards committee so she could negotiate a higher commission, my next door neighbors for offering their helpful critiques of my music skills, usually by shouting, 'knock off that racket, it's 2 AM!' and my dog Pogo for biting my ankle so I couldn't be the athlete I was planning to be." :-p

Moonbear said:
:smile: Zooby, you seem to really enjoy your new color.
Between you and me, I dislike this color. The superpowers are nice, but my name just looks faded to me now.
Now that the mentors aren't using red anymore, can I have red?
Yes, red would show up so much better.

(should we tell Marlon he's not yellow?) cute yes, yellow, no. :-p

ooohhhh! I'm not yellow...

Mellow Yellow? No, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club (yellow submarine)!

yomamma said:
ooohhhh! I'm not yellow...

A sleeping blue dog just woke up and realized he wasn't "Old Yeller"

and he realized that old yeller died in the movie.

SOS2008 said:
Mellow Yellow? No, Sgt. Peppers Lonely Heart Club (yellow submarine)!
I am zoobious yellow.

I don't see any hair :rolleyes:

Actually you're gold, but the color matches the "orange" color in the drop down box.

I wonder how many "yellow" members we have?

What was the reason you "went yellow"? I loved this site and liked Greg's philosophy of how he wanted the site to be. I was happy to be able to help support it. Plus I wanted to be able to change my avatar constantly. :blushing:

Last edited:
I've been meaning to contribute but I've been a tad poor lately.

I would contribute but I'm a kid so I don't carry any money...

I think the goal of "yellow only" was pretty much ruined. even the greens came in...

zoobyshoe said:
I am zoobious yellow.
Oooo, pretty. :smile:
Evo said:
What was the reason you "went yellow"?
Fear? :smile: Addiction, of course. Yellow is like AA in the opposite direction.

"Hi. I'm SOS. I'm a PF Addict. I no longer do blue. Now I'm yellow."

SOS2008 said:
Fear? :smile: Addiction, of course. Yellow is like AA in the opposite direction.
Something Mark Twain said (paraphrased from memory):

"There are many ways to avoid the temptaion to drink two quarts of whisky, but I had the surest of them on my side: cowardice."

SOS2008 said:
"Hi. I'm SOS. I'm a PF Addict. I no longer do blue. Now I'm yellow."
:smile: I thought it was the cool thing to do and didn't know it would turn me yellow when I started. I just wanted the little gold star...I blame my elementary school teachers who trained me to do almost anything for a coveted gold star. :-p

moonbear..

http://www.finmark.com.au/Sticker/stick18.jpg

now, what should you do to get this?

Last edited by a moderator:
yomamma said:
moonbear..

http://www.finmark.com.au/Sticker/stick18.jpg

now, what should you do to get this?
I don't have to do anything you already gave it to me. :biggrin: That was very sweet. Thanks. :smile: :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh m'gosh. Are the yellow members like the Dr. Suess parable about people who think they are better than others? “The Star-bellied Sneeches had bellies with stars, while the Plain-bellied Sneeches had none upon thars.” :bugeye:

Nah. It's good to contribute and help with costs of the web site. :biggrin:

SOS2008 said:
It's good to contribute and help with costs of the web site. :biggrin:
That's what got me in. I didn't really know about the perks ahead of time; I was spending so much time here and enjoying it so much that I felt guilty about freeloading, particularly since there isn't much that I can do to help people with their questions.

SOS2008 said:
Oh m'gosh. Are the yellow members like the Dr. Suess parable about people who think they are better than others? “The Star-bellied Sneeches had bellies with stars, while the Plain-bellied Sneeches had none upon thars.” :bugeye:

Nah. It's good to contribute and help with costs of the web site. :biggrin:

I'm not sure being any kind of sneech is a good thing. :smile:

SOS2008 said:
Oh m'gosh. Are the yellow members like the Dr. Suess parable about people who think they are better than others?
It was my goal to create this impression, yes. I was feeling rather bored and lemony, so I thought I'd make lemonade. It worked really well on Marlon.

zoobyshoe said:
It was my goal to create this impression, yes. I was feeling rather bored and lemony, so I thought I'd make lemonade. It worked really well on Marlon.

it sure did, it sure did...

you know that yellow and blue are just the same in nature right ? Just EM-radiation, only your electronic structure is different from mine>>>But since when did you start caring about your electrons ?

marlon

I know that Finland's colour is concidered blu and Sweeden's yellow - and they are always all over each other in sport events. It has to be the colours...

J'ai beaucoup de fromage. Le fromage est jaune, n'est-ce pas? Aimez-vous le fromage?

marlon said:
you know that yellow and blue are just the same in nature right ?

Yellow is the new blue.