Can a Career in Finance and a Passion for Physics Coexist?

• Thread starter zjnerd
  • Start date
In summary, a career in finance and a passion for physics can coexist as there are various fields in finance that require advanced mathematical skills and understanding of complex concepts, which are also crucial in physics. This combination of skills can be beneficial in jobs such as financial analysis, risk management, and quantitative research, where knowledge of physics principles can provide a unique perspective. Additionally, the problem-solving and analytical skills developed through studying physics can be applied to financial decision-making and analysis. Overall, while seemingly different, a career in finance and a passion for physics can complement each other and lead to a successful and fulfilling career.
zjnerd
Hi ZJ here.. happy to join the community. I work as a trader in a global macro hedge fund, and I really like Physics.. I'm planning to take some physics classes next yr part time, eventually I plan to get a master degree (will be a long journey, I need to start from undergrad Physics first..)

Wish you guys a happy and warm holiday season, and great year ahead!

Likes Hamiltonian and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF, ZJ. Happy Holidays to you as well. :smile:

• Haha
Likes zjnerd