Dirtsurfing: The Ultimate Adrenaline Rush!

• Thread starter egg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, the video is of a group of people surfing and they are asking for donations to help with the cost of the video. The low quality version is lower quality because it is compressed and the high quality version is higher quality because it is not compressed. The person who created the video says that he isn't going to post because it is rude to ask for something when you are sitting there with 0 posts to your name, but he invites others to post and ask for donations.
egg
dirtsurfing video!

Iknow it's totally unrelated to physics but we all need a break now and then!
check out this page and tell me you don't want one of these!
http://www.darenwaters.homecall.co.uk/

please look we're trying to see how high we can get the counter!

Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not going to simply because it is rude to ask for something when you are sitting there with 0 posts to your name. It took me over 50 posts before I was even able to ask for a/s/l.

woh dude chill out! what has a/s/l got to do with the price of kippers? if you don't want to look don't look, you could be missing out on a world of fun though!
you never know until you try.

and how do i only have 0 posts when I've just posted 2? 3 now!

I'm going to take my chances and say nope, I'm not missing anything. Anyone who can't read the number of posts under their name, or who hasn't been around PF enough to know that GD posts don't go towards post counts could not possible show me anything I need to see.

blimey!
the no posts under my name is 0 on my screen!
is that directley related to my IQ?
do I care?
how do you know you don't need to see if you've never seen?

I am with tribdog, not that I am worried about going to your site. However, there are plenty of spammers who come on to a forum with 0 posts and start a new thread asking people to go to some stupid website. Sorry.

the no posts under your name is 0 on your screen? wow, I didn't think you had any.
If a tree falls on you in the forest can you hear a scream in space?

egg said:
blimey!
the no posts under my name is 0 on my screen!
is that directley related to my IQ?
do I care?
how do you know you don't need to see if you've never seen?

:smile: egg, look at the pink ribbon under his name. See what it says?

Welcome to PF. Posts in General Discussion don't count toward your post count.

Do you have a special reason for wanting to increase the number of hits on the counter on that page?

blimey it's just a video of us having some fun, of all the forums I've posted on this is the least friendly!
ah well never mind.
what do you guys do for fun anyway?

i saw the ribbon, don't agree really!
just trying to see how many people we can get to our site! is that a lot to ask?

Hello egg,
I viewed that video and must say it looked rather boring. The 4-wheel model seemed tame (lame) enough even for me.

[edit]
If you would consider wearing a dress and posting a photo of your legs I might be inclined to give your site another hit. :biggrin:

we don't like whiners here either.

lol, I'm just messing with you, not checking out your site, but just messing with you.

is this revenge of the geeks or something?

Ok I clicked on it. Here is a question, why is the low quality about 5mbs and the high quality is 4mbs, lol. Sorry realplayer was taking too long, and I do not have windows media player on my computer.

egg said:
what do you guys do for fun anyway?

Fun? Well, tribdog chases newbies and I torture tribdog (with Tsu's help). :smile:

We're just a skeptical crowd. Starting out with a post containing a link and not much other information is what a lot of spammers do (as has been mentioned already), so we have to interrogate you properly to make sure you're planning to stick around. At least we know you're not a hit and run. :biggrin:

revenge of the geeks? lol
nothing makes me want to do what someone wants me to quite like insults.

mattmns said:
I am with tribdog, not that I am worried about going to your site. However, there are plenty of spammers who come on to a forum with 0 posts and start a new thread asking people to go to some stupid website. Sorry.

Ok I clicked on it. Here is a question, why is the low quality about 5mbs and the high quality is 4mbs, lol. Sorry realplayer was taking too long, and I do not have windows media player on my computer.
You are so weak. Ever hear of Solidarity?

tribdog said:
You are so weak. Ever hear of Solidarity?
lol, sorry, I am weak

clearly you don't understand the compression type that realplayer uses compared to windows media!
nor do I!
lol

mattmns said:
lol, sorry, I am weak
you are that's why I'm never speaking to you again.

Why don't you have media player?

mattmns said:

Glad I didn't waste my time clicking on the link (reading this thread is a much more entertaining waste of my time). I won't poison my poor computer with either of those, so I wouldn't have been able to watch anything anyway.

I do not use windows anymore, and I am too lazy to install the linux equavalent.

I'm still not talking to you.
Why don't you use windows?

How many others here thought that the title of this thread was "Disturbing Video" the first time they saw it?

Follow Boulderhead's request and maybe we'll hit your site.

BoulderHead said:
If you would consider wearing a dress and posting a photo of your legs I might be inclined to give your site another hit.

It's not that we want to see you in a dress (well, maybe Boulderhead does), we just want to make you do weird things. :-p

Welcome to PF egg.

tribdog said:
I'm still not talking to you.
Why don't you use windows?
I am trying to become independent of ms

mattmns said:
I am trying to become independent of ms
They know you are. (Watch your back.)
:bugeye:

The next thing you know they'll have video of you dirtsurfing and plaster it all over the net!

Artman said:
How many others here thought that the title of this thread was "Disturbing Video" the first time they saw it?

Not just the first time, but every time it bumped up with a reply. I wasn't going to say anything, but now that I know I'm not the only one, I'll admit it. :smile:

Yeah I thought it was disturbing as well, and I still do.

And I think you are right, I saw some nerds following me the other day, maybe some of gate's cronies?

Moonbear said:
Not just the first time, but every time it bumped up with a reply.
Yup, me too. A little dyslexia raering its haed.
:smile:

mattmns said:
I saw some nerds following me the other day, maybe some of gate's cronies?
Yeah they might be after you. The fortunate thing is that being nerds, it will take about 20 of them to do you any real harm, the bad thing is that he can afford to send more than that.

Artman said:
Yeah they might be after you. The fortunate thing is that being nerds, it will take about 20 of them to do you any real harm, the bad thing is that he can afford to send more than that.

Oh, they don't do you in with physical attacks, they incapacitate you with the nerd laugh. It doesn't seem like much when it's just one of them, but when there are 20 nerds laughing in unison, you'll think your head is about to split open from the pain of hearing that sound. And while you're writhing on the ground, searching for earmuffs, they'll be installing the beta version of Windoze Bugs 2005 (originally due for release in 2004, but once beta testing is done, will likely will be bundled with Windoze Turtle in 2010, unless Apple comes up with something other than animal names for its OS by then, in which case Windoze Turtle will be renamed to sound as similar as possible to whatever Apple is doing at the time; you can't waste nerd energy on coming up with creative things like names for software, it's easier to just steal other people's ideas).

Moonbear said:
Oh, they don't do you in with physical attacks, they incapacitate you with the nerd laugh. It doesn't seem like much when it's just one of them, but when there are 20 nerds laughing in unison, you'll think your head is about to split open from the pain of hearing that sound.
The power that can be generated by numerous nerds in raucous vocalization is an awful and wondrous thing to behold indeed. I have seen strong men's jaws drop and their heads turn to stare in rapt amazement at the sight of even just a few nerds giggling.

(You may think that I am being hard on nerds, but I do live in a glass house, so I figure I can toss stones if I want to.)
:-p

If you folks want to suffer, just have to hear some album of http://www.thenerdsrockinferno.com/album.htm , a hardcore garage punk band that is a nightmare for delicate ears

Last edited by a moderator:
egg said:
and how do i only have 0 posts when I've just posted 2? 3 now!
Since this section of the forum is not related to physics, posts here don't count.

And this triggers my spam-warning-light as well. Checking...

[one minute later] This rates pretty high on my spam-o-meter. Making my recommendation...