Dirtsurfing: The Ultimate Adrenaline Rush!

• Thread starter egg
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Video
In summary, the video is of a group of people surfing and they are asking for donations to help with the cost of the video. The low quality version is lower quality because it is compressed and the high quality version is higher quality because it is not compressed. The person who created the video says that he isn't going to post because it is rude to ask for something when you are sitting there with 0 posts to your name, but he invites others to post and ask for donations.
But they're all just having fun here, most of us don't follow links like this and everybody has given plenty of comments telling so. Oh well, it was an interesting conversation, but I should go to class.

Physics news on Phys.org
russ_watters said:
[one minute later] This rates pretty high on my spam-o-meter. Making my recommendation...

Aww shucks...tribdog and Ivan were really hoping you'd let egg stay around so Tsu and I would have someone else to torture for a while. :rolleyes: Spammers are such fun targets. We've got the special purple probe out and everything. Can we have a little more fun with him before you send him away? :biggrin: :devil: :smile:

russ_watters said:
Since this section of the forum is not related to physics, posts here don't count.

And this triggers my spam-warning-light as well. Checking...

[one minute later] This rates pretty high on my spam-o-meter. Making my recommendation...

spammer??

blimey you are a paranoid lot!

if i was a spammer why would i have waited this long to post my first thread?

i better say my goodbyes then!
bye

Here some names i sugest
CHICKEN
HEN
COKC
PEACOCK...
I no lots of animla names. its time the egg should become chicken! don think so ?

egg said:
spammer??

blimey you are a paranoid lot!

if i was a spammer why would i have waited this long to post my first thread?

i better say my goodbyes then!
bye
Who told you we were paranoid? and what EXACTLY do you mean by goodbye?

russ_watters said:
Since this section of the forum is not related to physics, posts here don't count.

And this triggers my spam-warning-light as well. Checking...

egg joined on Jan 4th, so he's been here a few weeks, he didn't just join, post and disappear. His link wasn't a crackpot site, wasn't selling anything or advertising a pyramid scheme, so like any member that links to something of interest, I let it stay.

BTW, welcome to PF egg! Stop by the welcome tent and pick up your fish, it's getting a bit smelly. :-p

Evo, I'm getting worried about you. You seem so much more business like lately. Sure I know you a still telling jokes, but they seem a bit forced. I think it has something to do with being the moderator and having to read all the crap I write. I don't know, I can't put my finger on it. Maybe it's the outfit. Have you been dewormed lately? That always changes my disposition.

I'm super busy/distracted. :frown: Just enough time to pop in here and make sure you haven't burned the place down. :wink:

Evo said:
I'm super busy/distracted. :frown: Just enough time to pop in here and make sure you haven't burned the place down. :wink:
is it because you neglected your work by spending all your time online? tsk tsk. you've brought it on yourself young lady. Maybe now you'll think next time when you get the urge to jump online at 2:30 in the morning.

wow, i can stay?!?

the reason I haven't posted before is because I haven't needed to! I've been reading a lot of the threads and thought that this might be a good place to spread the word of the dirtsurfer. I'm not selling them or anything it's just something new that i thought i could bring peoples attention to!
Anyway this threads been at the top of the forum for a few days now so my work here is done, oh yeah and the hits to our site is looking better all the time!

where do i get my fish?

I'm still not checking it out. lol

oh go on you know you want to really!

egg said:
oh, it's killing me. but I'm known around here for my will power. just ask anyone and they'll tell you, "Tribdog, he might not be likable, or even tolerable, but he really likes to weigh all possibilites before doing something he might regret."

tribdog said:
oh, it's killing me. but I'm known around here for my will power. just ask anyone and they'll tell you, "Tribdog, he might not be likable, or even tolerable, but he really likes to weigh all possibilites before doing something he might regret."

Yeah, right. egg, if your server suddenly starts smoking or bursts into flame, you'll know tribdog clicked on the link. :smile:

egg said:
wow, i can stay?!?

You really should never take any of us too seriously when we're in GD. We ALL pick on tribdog, so we let him pick on the new people. It's just part of your initiation. Once your initiation is complete, we'll let you pick on tribdog too. :-p

egg said:

Trust me,our Tribbie can find more interesting and less painful ways to crash his computer than clicking on your link... :-p

Daniel.

P.S.He was just about to change his name from "WALKING CALAMITY" to "WHEEL-CHAIRED CALAMITY" :biggrin:

that's why I'm not clicking on anything labeled dirtsurfing. I'd probably get interested, try it, and write about my recovery here.

the more people that get interested the better!
if enough people take it up Guiness will recognise it as a sport and then the world record attempt for speed can be made!
The unofficial record is about 75mph. Some people claim to have topped 100 but i find that hard to beleive.
OOOH the wonders of gravity.

100mph huh? what was that link again. NO don't tell me. I don't want to know

errm you'l probably be disappointed with our vid now!
21mph was my fastest that day and that's when i fell off!
need to strap myself on!

bet you've looked already??

egg said:
bet you've looked already??

At least ten times. Tribdog has no will power, he's like a puppy that runs as fast as it can don the hall, slides across the linoleum not knowing that it can't stop there and goes smack into the wall (and of course its hilarious to watch and the children trick him into doing it over and over).

:-p :-p

I have not looked, besides I've got a headache.

tribdog said:
And a hallway wall to fix.

100 mph huh.

tribdog said:

Thats from running into the wall over and over. I'll have to yell at the sisters to get them to stop doing that to you.

egg said:
where do i get my fish?
You'll need to wait for The_Bob, our official greeter to get here.

damn trib, you're right, I can't think of anything funny to say :cry:

Evo said:
You'll need to wait for The_Bob, our official greeter to get here.

damn trib, you're right, I can't think of anything funny to say :cry:
I know hun, you are completely business lately. don't worry this too shall pass

tribdog said:
I know hun, you are completely business lately. don't worry this too shall pass

I think it's just something going around. I mean, afterall, tribdog was talking like a grown up giving advice to smurf the other day, and in another thread, someone told him something he said made sense. :bugeye: I'm sure it will all wear off quickly.

egg said:
The unofficial record is about 75mph.
Some people claim to have topped 100 but i find that hard to beleive.
OOOH the wonders of gravity.

Now that sort of action will get people interested.

Hmm I was disappointed. I was expecting something on dirt hills, that were steep, and something more improvised, like sliding down a big dirt hill in a cardboard box. However, that bike looking skateboard looked quite interesting. I have never seen anything like that before.