PM Inbox Full: Understanding Message Count in All Folders

• Thread starter Mentat
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about receiving emails about a full inbox, despite having only 35 total PMs. The explanation is that the system counts messages in all folders, including Sent Items, and suggests deleting outgoing messages to resolve the issue. The conversation ends with a request for a PM.
Mentat
I've recently been being sent E-mails that tell me that my inbox is full, and that I should delete some PMs. This doesn't make sense to me, because, when I check at the bottom of the main menu, it tells me I only have 35 total PMs.

What's going on? Is there a new limit or something?

Physics news on Phys.org
You have 35 in your inbox, but the system counts the messages in all of your folders, including Sent Items. Delete your outgoing messages, and see if that doesn't fix things.

Originally posted by Tom
You have 35 in your inbox, but the system counts the messages in all of your folders, including Sent Items. Delete your outgoing messages, and see if that doesn't fix things.

Sorry I didn't get to read this sooner. I see what you're saying...

Quick someone send me a PM!

1. What is a "Full PM Box"?

A "Full PM Box" refers to a private message inbox on a messaging platform that has reached its storage limit and can no longer receive new messages.

2. Why does my PM Box get full?

Your PM Box can get full due to a combination of factors such as receiving a large number of messages, not deleting old messages, or the messaging platform having a limited storage capacity for private messages.

3. How do I know if my PM Box is full?

You will receive a notification or error message when attempting to receive new messages if your PM Box is full. You may also see a visual indicator on the messaging platform showing that your PM Box is at full capacity.

4. How do I empty my PM Box?

To empty your PM Box, you can either delete individual messages or use the "delete all" function, if available, to remove all messages at once. Some messaging platforms also have an option to archive old messages, freeing up space in your PM Box.

5. Can I increase the storage capacity of my PM Box?

The storage capacity of your PM Box is typically determined by the messaging platform and cannot be increased. However, you can prevent your PM Box from getting full by regularly deleting old messages or archiving them to a different location.