Building Confidence in Math Equations for Engineering Students

• Thread starter oyster21
  • Start date
In summary, building confidence in math equations can be achieved by practicing consistently, seeking help when needed, and understanding the underlying concepts. Engineering students can also benefit from using visual aids, creating study groups, and setting achievable goals. By developing a positive mindset and utilizing available resources, students can overcome their fears and effectively tackle complex math equations.
oyster21
How did you find PF?
google
hi,
I am studying an engineering course at college and am finding the maths questions impossible to work out on my own.
my tutors give me guidance but i feel there help is not sinking in.
I love maths when I am able to understand the question but I am not very confident with my working outs.
I will try and have an input to others problems but my maths probably my weakest subject.
i will try and be an active member to gain more confidence and eventually help others.

Likes berkeman and BvU
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums! You will get good help here, and hopefully will start to get a better feeling for the various aspects of math. :smile:

oyster21 said:
How did you find PF?: google

hi,
I am studying an engineering course at college and am finding the maths questions impossible to work out on my own.
my tutors give me guidance but i feel there help is not sinking in.
I love maths when I am able to understand the question but I am not very confident with my working outs.
I will try and have an input to others problems but my maths probably my weakest subject.
i will try and be an active member to gain more confidence and eventually help others.
We would be interested more specifically what Mathematics you know; what you have studied and what do you find to be difficult.

Often I have found that when an exercise only requires basic Introductory-Level algebra, that applying such equations are easy to formula and to solve. Beyond this, the Mathematics and the exercises may become more diffuclt - sometimes only requiring much more review and to learn to analyze.

We should try to keep the Introduction threads short, so any detailed help with math strategies are probably best handled with a new thread start in the Academic Guidance forum. :smile:

• Informative
Likes symbolipoint