Can a Mature Student with Aspergers Pursue Mathematical Tripos at Cambridge?

• Thread starter SpaceHamster
  • Start date
In summary, it is possible for a mature student with Aspergers to pursue the Mathematical Tripos program at the University of Cambridge. The university has a strong support system in place for students with disabilities, including Aspergers, and accommodations can be made to ensure equal opportunities for success. The university also values diversity and recognizes the unique perspectives and strengths that students with Aspergers can bring to the field of mathematics. However, it is important for students to be aware of the challenges that may arise and to seek additional support if needed. Ultimately, with determination and support, a mature student with Aspergers can successfully pursue the Mathematical Tripos at Cambridge.
SpaceHamster
Hello!
I am a mature student (I hate saying that, it makes me sound older than I am) from the UK, working full time and being a carer for my Mum too, whilst teaching myself Maths A Level and A Level Further Maths (I left school at 16 to work and don't have any A Levels). I love General Relativity and have my heart set on studying the Mathematical Tripos at Trinity College Cambridge one day. Other than that, I work in IT, love anime and all things Japanese and I also have Aspergers.

*squeak*

Likes PeroK and berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PhysicsForums. It's good to have you here. :smile:

Likes SpaceHamster