Become More Active in PF Community - Tips & Advice

• Thread starter jamalkoiyess
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about how to become more involved and have titles in the community on the forums. The suggestion given is to set personal goals and work towards mastering a specific topic in physics. It is also mentioned that becoming a Science Advisor, Homework Helper, or Insights Author is achieved through active participation and providing reliable and quality content. It is then advised to increase one's own knowledge and understanding by picking an area of interest and working through a textbook with the help of the community.
jamalkoiyess
Hello PF
I have been on the forums for almost a year and i love it and that's why i wanted to become more but how do i do that ... how to become more helpfull and have titles in the community?

Physics news on Phys.org
jamalkoiyess said:
Hello PF
I have been on the forums for almost a year and i love it and that's why i wanted to become more but how do i do that ... how to become more helpfull and have titles in the community?
I presume one is referring to Science Advisors, Homework Helpers and Insights Authors. These folks achieved their status through participation and posting reliable and quality content.

Likes jamalkoiyess and Choppy
jamalkoiyess said:
I have been on the forums for almost a year
You joined in November 2015.
jamalkoiyess said:
how to become more helpfull and have titles in the community?
One of several ways is to set your own goal, e.g. mastering special relativity. If you are determined enough, it will force you to improve yourself by every possible tools, and then challenge your understanding by trying to answer questions here.

blue_leaf77 said:
One of several ways is to set your own goal, e.g. mastering special relativity. If you are determined enough, it will force you to improve yourself by every possible tools, and then challenge your understanding by trying to answer questions here.
Okey sir thanks

Astronuc said:
I presume one is referring to Science Advisors, Homework Helpers and Insights Authors. These folks achieved their status through participation and posting reliable and quality content.

Thanks sir

do you need the jewels? do you need the rank of general? are the interesting discussions not enough for you? Think about the science , other things will follow

Likes ProfuselyQuarky
wrobel said:
do you need the jewels? do you need the rank of general? are the interesting discussions not enough for you? Think about the science , other things will follow

All i want is to help more , but everytime i search i find only a small amount of unanswered threats and mostly their subject is beyond my knowledge. So how can i do a change even with the high school degree i have.

Open a thread on a topic which interests you but which you don't know much about . Probe the subject by posting your own searching questions . Good questions stimulate discussion .

Likes jamalkoiyess
jamalkoiyess said:
All i want is to help more , but everytime i search i find only a small amount of unanswered threats and mostly their subject is beyond my knowledge. So how can i do a change even with the high school degree i have.
It would be better if you concentrated on increasing the breadth and depth of your own knowledge. E.g., pick an area of physics which interests you and get a good textbook on that subject (i.e., maybe ask in the Academic Guidance forum for recommendations). Then work through the textbook, pencil-in-hand -- by which I mean: do the exercises. Ask in the Homework Forums if you get stuck.

Then repeat the above until there's nothing left to learn... :oldwink:

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, dlgoff and jamalkoiyess

Related to Become More Active in PF Community - Tips & Advice

1. How can I become more active in the PF community?

To become more active in the PF community, you can start by regularly attending meetings and events hosted by local PF groups. You can also join online forums and social media groups dedicated to PF and actively participate by sharing your experiences and offering support to others.

2. What are some ways to engage with others in the PF community?

Some ways to engage with others in the PF community include attending support groups, participating in fundraising events, and volunteering for PF-related organizations. You can also reach out to others through social media, email, or phone to connect and share your experiences.

3. How can I stay up-to-date with the latest news and developments in the PF community?

One way to stay informed about the latest news and developments in the PF community is by subscribing to newsletters and following reputable organizations and experts on social media. You can also attend conferences and seminars dedicated to PF to stay updated on research and treatment advancements.

4. Are there any resources available for those looking to become more active in the PF community?

Yes, there are several resources available for those looking to become more active in the PF community. You can find information and support through organizations such as the Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation and the American Lung Association. Additionally, many local PF groups offer resources and support for those affected by the disease.

5. How can I make a difference in the PF community?

You can make a difference in the PF community by advocating for increased awareness and funding for PF research, participating in fundraising events, and volunteering for organizations dedicated to supporting those affected by the disease. You can also share your story and experiences to raise awareness and offer support to others in the community.