Ask a Stupid Quetion Get a Stupid Answer

• Thread starter climbhi
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Stupid
In summary, a group of individuals are discussing a new forum and its purpose of asking and answering "stupid questions." They discuss topics such as how long it takes to reach 1000 posts, the existence of the old forums, the best superpower, an elevator that goes sideways, and the reasons behind posting in this forum. They also explore the question of why they ask questions and the possible theories that have not been invented. Eventually, the conversation turns to the expansion of the universe and the orbit of planets around stars.
  • #1,436
amwbonfire said:
Answer: Due to some technical difficulties with time, the question is running late. Weirdas, AMW Bonfire.com, Microsoft and God all apologize for any inconvenience caused. The question should be up and running within the year.
This was the start of it. :biggrin:

amwbonfire said:
*DISCLAIMER: This question is version Beta 0.3, and as such it has not been completely tested. We (Members of Physics Forums, particularly The Bob... yes, let's blame him...) accept full responsibility for any damage caused to your computer, you, your family or your christmas dinner. The Bob would like to apologize in advance for any damage caused, but he can't be bothered. Again, he wishes to take full responsibilty... nae, take full credit for damages caused.

**DISCLAIMER 2: AMW Bonfire (Andy) does not take responsibilty for any damage caused to The Bob's reputation, whether intentional or unintentional. However, he apologizes for any loss of sales resulting from and defacement of The Bob and The Bob's products/services.
Oh man. :smile: I read this and cracked up... erm.. I mean... I was very annoyed. :smile:

***DISCLAIMER 3 (THE BOB): AMW Bonfire is/was not in a position to disclaim me as a reason for problems or damages. I would, therefore, like to forward the responsibility to AMW.INC (or was it PLC?? :-p ). Please complain to the following address:

AMW Bonfire Limited (AMW.INC or AMW.PLC)
Someplace in Bonfire Land
Nuts
PO23 YTF

amwbonfire said:
P.S. Sorry Bob! I was only joking! :-p
I know. Me too. :biggrin:

amwbonfire said:
New Question: (Beta version, v0.3) Despite the cost of living, why does it remain so popular?

Because it is by the AMW.INC company but they did not know the manager was so unusual.

New Question:What is the cheapest way to run a computer?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Physics news on Phys.org
  • #1,437
Lol, AMW.Inc.? My business... It's called "The Bob". So please forward all complaints to The Bob.

The Bob's email is... wait, better not give it out. Don't want him getting spammed. Send it to me instead! mail@amwbonfire.com if you would like to spam me (don't bother, I've got nifty spam blockers, and A LOT of time. But try anyway!)

What is the cheapest way to run a computer?

Hm, it depends on what you mean by run. I'll assume you mean operate.

The cheapest way to run it is to turn off the monitor, because that uses roughly double the amount of electricity as the rest of the computer. Secondly, turn off the computer, because that's using power too. And, as we know, electricity costs money, and we're looking to run it cheaply.

After that, disconnect your peripherals, as they could be draining electricity when you're not looking. Next, go to your fuse box and turn off electricity to your house. This is wasting money, and you don't need that. After disconnecting your electricity supply, blow up your streets overhead power lines, or it's underground power lines. A simple bomb should do it. Now, go to your power grid, and blow that up too. You'll want to make sure the backup generators are also taken out by the blast, as these will just kick in when the main power is down. This will cost money, and you don't want that.

After solving the problem for your city, you'll now want to go to all surrounding cities and blow up their energy sources as well. This will mean everyone runs their computers at the lowest possible cost! Your neighbours will be really pleased with this money-saving idea, and frankly, you'll be happy too!

New question: How come fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

Andy
AMW Bonfire

Last edited by a moderator:
  • #1,438
amwbonfire said:
Lol, AMW.Inc.? My business... It's called "The Bob". So please forward all complaints to The Bob.

The Bob's email is... wait, better not give it out. Don't want him getting spammed. Send it to me instead! mail@amwbonfire.com if you would like to spam me (don't bother, I've got nifty spam blockers, and A LOT of time. But try anyway!)
Thanks.

amwbonfire said:
Hm, it depends on what you mean by run. I'll assume you mean operate.

The cheapest way to run it is to turn off the monitor, because that uses roughly double the amount of electricity as the rest of the computer. Secondly, turn off the computer, because that's using power too. And, as we know, electricity costs money, and we're looking to run it cheaply.

After that, disconnect your peripherals, as they could be draining electricity when you're not looking. Next, go to your fuse box and turn off electricity to your house. This is wasting money, and you don't need that. After disconnecting your electricity supply, blow up your streets overhead power lines, or it's underground power lines. A simple bomb should do it. Now, go to your power grid, and blow that up too. You'll want to make sure the backup generators are also taken out by the blast, as these will just kick in when the main power is down. This will cost money, and you don't want that.

After solving the problem for your city, you'll now want to go to all surrounding cities and blow up their energy sources as well. This will mean everyone runs their computers at the lowest possible cost! Your neighbours will be really pleased with this money-saving idea, and frankly, you'll be happy too!
Again, another brilliant answer. :smile:

amwbonfire said:
New question: How come fat chance and slim chance mean the same thing?

It is the way they are said. Fat Chance is normally said harshly and Slim Chance is normally said with less of a kick in it.

Who likes Chinese Food?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,439
The Bob said:
Who likes Chinese Food?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Space Nomads. Who live on the sun.

Do you reckon that "foreigners" order takeaway English food?

• #1,440
jimmy p said:
Do you reckon that "foreigners" order takeaway English food?
I am sorry to say that snails are much better.

Why did we ever dig that hole under the Channel ? :-p

• #1,441
humanino said:
I am sorry to say that snails are much better.

Why did we ever dig that hole under the Channel ? :-p

To connect Enlgand to France, makes invading easier. :-p (Joking)

New Question:The Bob?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,442
the hob

the french ?

• #1,443
jimmy p said:
Why did we ever dig that hole under the Channel ?
Well first they tried to dig the hole through the channel but it kept filling up with water. There was also a plan to dig the hole over the channel, but fortunately the administrators were sacked before anyone tried to implement this.

But what happened to the plan to use a line of large catapults to fling people and goods back and forth across the channel?

[Hmm... maybe I need to get on the same page as everyone else...]

Last edited:
  • #1,444
humanino said:
the french ?

Erm... yer.

plover said:
But what happened to the plan to use a line of large catapults to fling people and goods back and forth across the channel?

The plans were stopped because the catapults were not big enough.

How can we build bigger catapults?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,445
Before or after you eat it is the question!

The Bob said:
Who likes Chinese Food?

The Bob (2004 ©)

Before or after you eat it is the question!​

Werdas' (2004 © Werdane Mind Phycho-Productions)

• #1,446
How can we build bigger catapults?
Use a giant spider net !
Where can we find a super hero ?

• #1,447
humanino said:
Use a giant spider net !
Where can we find a super hero ?

At a super deli,

What does superman keep under his cape?

• #1,448
SelfAdjoint said:
What does superman keep under his cape?

His strap on Super Swiss Army knife, featuring :
1. jet-pack
2. dual ruby laser
3. molybdenum based X-ray tube
4. change of underwear...and many other superhero essentials.

Were the creators of Superman passing on some coded message to the reader when they named the town that he grew up in (...heck, what did they call it...aaaah...wait...Small-something...mmmm...got it) Small-willy ?

• #1,449
hmmm... what a profound question indeed...
Answer: this question has no answer for they are as profound as you in thinking thank you very much.

My question: What is a... wait a sec... what is the hell a 'stupid question'?

• #1,450
physicskid said:
My question: What is a... wait a sec... what is the hell a 'stupid question'?

The incorrect spelling of a "stupid quetion".

How can you tell when a quetion is stupid?

• #1,451
jimmy p said:
How can you tell when a quetion is stupid?

When it is spelt wrong for one.

Who invented the stupid quetion?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,452
ape say god dog, god shave ape clean, give book good read.

Why fly die?

• #1,453
Sariaht said:
ape say god dog, god shave ape clean, give book good read.

Why fly die?

Fly fly here, and fly fly there
Where fly fly, the fly don't care.
Sometime fly will close both eye
And fly into wall; then fly just die.

(Bible story good to hear, Bible make man to God fear)

Aren't pulleys sexy ?

Last edited:
  • #1,454
Aren't pulleys sexy ?
Yes they are, especially when their axis positioned between two pillow block bearings such to provide load support for a rotating shaft.

What are the best dimensions for cowburger patties ?

• #1,455
x. With t it gets creapier, after a while it implodes releasing spores, and each of these spores have the potential of becoming a new cow.

Why is such a big invention called a micro?

• #1,456
Sariaht said:
Why is such a big invention called a micro?
They were hoping such a tiny name would go unobserved by the general populace.

Is there a substantial difference between a cowburger patty and cow patty?

• #1,457
BoulderHead said:
Is there a substantial difference between a cowburger patty and cow patty?

You mean, besides the legs that straddle the bun ? No, not much.

Have you ever seen a cow get bored of chewing the cud and just spitting the damn thing out and getting a life ?

• #1,458
Yes, you could see in its eyes the occurance of an original thought. Shortly thereafter it did break through the fence in search of greener pastures.

Why do they call it Animal Husbandry?

• #1,459
'Cause the term was invented by a bunch of male chauvinist pigs.

You've heard the thing about the pig's orgasm, right ?

• #1,460
Unsure.

Does it curl round and round too?

• #1,461
No, that's the billy-goat.

Why don't billy goats shave their goaties ? Is it a macho thing ?

• #1,462
It's a goat thing to look and smell fierce.

What's the longest anyone has gone without cleaning lint from their navel?

• #1,463
There is way to many posts in this thread!

• #1,464
BoulderHead said:
What's the longest anyone has gone without cleaning lint from their navel?

822 days. The record is held by Mrs. Ida P. Strenck of Hogjowller, Wyoming.

What is the opposite of lint?

• #1,465
snore.

What did NN think when he diped his wodden speaker membrane in rise wine?

• #1,466
  • #1,467
Sariaht said:
What did NN think when he diped his wodden speaker membrane in rise wine?

NN thought that (the wine) might provide some (vibration) "damping".

I know a guy that built his speakers using sand and lead filled double layer ply-wood walls.

Who picks the stupidest quetion ?

• #1,468
Gokul43201 said:
Who picks the stupidest quetion ?
Well, we'll either vote on it at the end of the thread (like THAT will ever happen :biggrin: ), OR we can just turn the job over to Evo since she's the mentor. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

• #1,469
Tsunami said:
Well, we'll either vote on it at the end of the thread (like THAT will ever happen :biggrin: ), OR we can just turn the job over to Evo since she's the mentor. :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:

Where is your question?

The Bob (2004 ©)

• #1,470
The Bob said:
Where is your question?

It's incognito.

And where in the blazes is Cognito ?