Another interesting thread closed

• Thread starter Tosh5457
  • Start date
In summary, these threads were closed due to inappropriate content and lack of effort by the members to discuss the topic objectively and with proper research.
Physics news on Phys.org
Tosh5457 said:
It turned into philosophical hand-waving and inappropriate content, this was discussed by the mentors, you do not see all of the posts that were deleted.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threads/how-does-the-us-replace-its-exported-currency.725888/
And this one? I know it's old but it's another example of a thread being closed for superficial reasons.
If you read the thread, after a number of posts where the member was corrected, he was advised to do some research on the subject.

Related to Another interesting thread closed

What is the reason for closing the thread?

The thread was likely closed because it violated the forum's guidelines or rules. This could include inappropriate language, disrespectful behavior, or off-topic discussions.

Can I still participate in the thread even though it's closed?

No, once a thread is closed, users are no longer able to contribute to it. This is to maintain the integrity and organization of the forum.

Can I request for the thread to be reopened?

Yes, you can reach out to the forum moderators or administrators and request for the thread to be reopened. However, this decision ultimately depends on the forum's policies and the severity of the violation.

Will the thread be deleted after it's closed?

It depends on the forum's policies. Some forums may choose to keep closed threads for reference, while others may delete them after a certain period of time.

Can I still view the closed thread?

Yes, you can still view the thread even though it's closed. However, you will not be able to reply or interact with it in any way.