Does closing of threads have consequences for the "karma" of their OP?

• Thread starter Spathi
  • Start date
In summary, the person is concerned about several of their threads being closed without warning and is unsure about the implications of this action. They are also asking for help in understanding the frequency of thread closings and if it could lead to a permanent ban. The response is that if there was no warning, there are no consequences to worry about. The mentor who closed the thread usually explains why it was closed.
Spathi
Several my threads were closed, though I didn't get a warning. I am not an old member of this forum, and it is unclear for me, what does closing a thread mean, how often such closings occur, and do they increase the risk of a final ban of their OP. Please help me with this.
Those who remember my threads of this forum - am I risking of being permanently banned?

Physics news on Phys.org
If a thread was closed and you didn't receive a warning, there are no consequences for you to worry about.
If a thread is closed, the final post in the thread usually will be a post from the mentor who closed it and why it was closed. I don't know which threads you're talking about, so can't say anything about why they were closed.

Thread closed -- the question was asked and answered.

• Haha
Likes Vanadium 50, WWGD, topsquark and 2 others

Related to Does closing of threads have consequences for the "karma" of their OP?

1. What is "karma" in relation to thread closing?

Karma is a numerical value that represents the overall popularity and contribution of a user on a forum or discussion platform. It is often used as a measure of the quality and impact of their posts and comments.

2. Does closing a thread affect the karma of the original poster (OP)?

Yes, closing a thread can have consequences for the karma of the OP. If the thread is closed due to rule violations or negative feedback, it can reflect poorly on the OP and potentially result in a decrease in their karma.

3. Can closing a thread have a positive impact on the OP's karma?

It is possible for closing a thread to have a positive impact on the OP's karma. If the thread is closed due to a successful and well-received discussion, it can reflect positively on the OP and potentially increase their karma.

4. Are there any other factors that can affect the OP's karma besides thread closing?

Yes, there are many other factors that can affect the OP's karma. This can include the quality and relevance of their posts, the engagement and feedback from other users, and their overall contribution to the community.

5. Does thread closing have consequences for the karma of other users in the thread?

Thread closing typically does not have consequences for the karma of other users in the thread. However, if the thread is closed due to negative behavior or rule violations from other users, it can potentially result in a decrease in their karma.