Achieving Perfect GPA of 3.141 This Spring

• Thread starter Jonny_trigonometry
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Gpa Spring
In summary, GPA is discussed and valued differently in academia and industry. While some may strive for a perfect or unique GPA, others do not see it as a crucial factor in their success. Ultimately, it is a personal choice and varies depending on one's goals and priorities.
Jonny_trigonometry
yup. I just took two summer classes and now my gpa is 3.141. heh, I just hope I can keep it here until i graduate next spring, not greater, not lower. That would be neat to have on my resume, I would just replace it with the actual greek symbol pi, that would be cool.

Physics news on Phys.org
lol. total sweetness.

That would be so funny. That'll be like the ultimate nerd thing to do.

Don't forget the [itex]\approx[/itex]... especially if you are a student of mathematics. :biggrin:

Is that a good GPA or something?

I remember one time in 8th grade I got a GPA of pi. But you want to know what's better than a GPA of pi? A GPA of 3.2.

If you slack off a bit, you might be able to get a GPA of e.

The rounding is terrible, should be 3.142 :wink:

Don't worry I made the same mistake.

Kurdt said:
The rounding is terrible, should be 3.142 :wink:

Don't worry I made the same mistake.

yeah, you're right... hence the reason i have a gpa of pi.

You're proud to have a GPA of pi? And you want to keep it that way because it looks cool? I hope you realize that a 3.14 GPA is pretty bad.

Well I'm not planning on going to graduate school. I'm getting degrees in Physics and Aerospace Engineering and a math minor. I'll be fairly marketable. I haven't been trying as hard as I could to get good grades. I mean, I could study all the time, go to all the classes and be on time, and all that noise, but I'd rather not think of grades as being so important and hence get so concerned about them. I'm lazy, and I don't like jumping through hoops. I want to read what I want to read, I don't simply stick to only the assigned reading, I get bored with it.

Last edited:
It's irrational to aspire to a GPA of [itex]\pi[/itex].
A more rational goal is [itex]4[/itex]... [itex]\sqrt{16}[/itex] if you want to be a radical.
[I'll stop now.:rolleyes:]

that would be cool if I could somehow have a complex gpa, but then again, no imaginary goal is a real goal.

Unless you're shooting for a 0.00 GPA. :wink:

Well I think that might be the ticket... ok, so I got to retake all my classes and get f's. This might take a while but I think i can do it.

robphy said:
It's irrational to aspire to a GPA of [itex]\pi[/itex].
A more rational goal is [itex]4[/itex]... [itex]\sqrt{16}[/itex] if you want to be a radical.
[I'll stop now.:rolleyes:]

He's happy to transcend those petty concerns, besides a GPA of pi is normal. (Conjecturally, anyway).

And *I'll* stop now. :rolleyes:

ranger said:
You're proud to have a GPA of pi? And you want to keep it that way because it looks cool? I hope you realize that a 3.14 GPA is pretty bad.

:rolleyes:

ranger said:

Jonny_trigonometry said:
Well I'm not planning on going to graduate school. I'm getting degrees in Physics and Aerospace Engineering and a math minor. I'll be fairly marketable. I haven't been trying as hard as I could to get good grades. I mean, I could study all the time, go to all the classes and be on time, and all that noise, but I'd rather not think of grades as being so important and hence get so concerned about them. I'm lazy, and I don't like jumping through hoops. I want to read what I want to read, I don't simply stick to only the assigned reading, I get bored with it.

Actually, if that's your plan, maintaining a pi GPA may be a pretty good idea. I've heard that many employers receive so many resumes that they only have time to skim (some small fraction of the total number of) resumes that they get. Thus, as something that would make the reader do a double take, even if not objectively all that impressive... Nifty!

mbrmbrg said:
Actually, if that's your plan, maintaining a pi GPA may be a pretty good idea. I've heard that many employers receive so many resumes that they only have time to skim (some small fraction of the total number of) resumes that they get. Thus, as something that would make the reader do a double take, even if not objectively all that impressive... Nifty!

I doubt HR would be impressed with pi. If an actual engineer, physicist, etc is looking at his resume, they would most likely do a double take. And yes, grades are important - how else can you demonstrate to the employer that you're familiar with the course material? May impressive REUs, internships, and academic projects?

Last edited:
ranger said:
I doubt HR would be impressed with pi. If an actual engineer, physicist, etc is looking at his resume, they would most likely do a double take. And yes, grades are important - how else can you demonstrate to the employer that you're familiar with the course material? May impressive REUs, internships, and academic projects?

There is some truth in that, but I am reminded of an old Gary Larson cartoon. It shows a middle-aged guy sitting up in his bed and looking very shocked and horrified. The caption read ~: "Suddenly, Bob realized that no one cares what his GPA was".

I was a hard earned 3.65 in the end, but only one person has ever asked.

Ivan Seeking said:
There is some truth in that, but I am reminded of an old Gary Larson cartoon. It shows a middle-aged guy sitting up in his bed and looking very shocked and horrified. The caption read ~: "Suddenly, Bob realized that no one cares what his GPA was".

Seriously,

The longer I've worked in industry, the more i began to realize that there was an almost inverse correlation between GPA and Salary; it's usually the freshly minted grad students who stress needlessly about GPA.

Ivan Seeking said:

Reminds me of tech school when I joined the Air Force. Whether a new airman or an NCO cross training into the career field, we all went to the same tech school. New airmen did things like made honor grad. The NCOs had a contest every test to see who could pass with the lowest score. If you missed low and failed, not only did you lose, you had to buy beer.

Of course, if you're not old enough to drink beer, getting a cool night time picture of the US compiled from weather satellite photos for making honor grad is a decent consolation prize, especially before the internet when the average person would have never seen one. People used to ask me about that picture all the time and I still have it, in spite of the fact that I have a newer, bigger, much higher quality picture of the world at night.

I was one of the satellite controllers that helped obtain the photos for the newer version of the picture in the early 90's. (Earth at night) The comment about Aug 14, 2003 is kind of interesting. That was the blackout in the Northeast and the satellite image of the blackout that was going around in e-mails was actually one of the composite DMSP images that had been photoshopped.

Related to Achieving Perfect GPA of 3.141 This Spring

1. How can I achieve a perfect GPA of 3.141 this spring?

In order to achieve a perfect GPA, it is important to prioritize your studies and dedicate enough time to each course. Attend all lectures and take thorough notes, actively participate in class discussions, and seek help from professors or tutors when needed. Additionally, staying organized and managing your time effectively will also help you achieve a perfect GPA.

2. Is it possible to achieve a perfect GPA of 3.141 in just one semester?

While it is possible, it is also important to keep in mind that achieving a perfect GPA requires a lot of hard work and dedication. It may be more realistic to aim for a slightly lower GPA and focus on consistently performing well in all of your courses rather than trying to achieve a perfect GPA in just one semester.

3. What study strategies can help me achieve a perfect GPA of 3.141?

Some effective study strategies include breaking up your studying into smaller, manageable chunks, using mnemonic devices to help remember information, and regularly reviewing material rather than cramming before exams. It is also important to find a study method that works best for you and stick to it.

4. Can extracurricular activities affect my chances of achieving a perfect GPA of 3.141?

Participating in extracurricular activities can be a great way to enhance your college experience, but it is important to balance these activities with your academic responsibilities. Prioritize your studies and make sure to manage your time effectively so that your extracurricular activities do not interfere with your academic performance.

5. How important is it to have a perfect GPA of 3.141 for future career opportunities?

While having a perfect GPA can be impressive to potential employers, it is not the only factor they consider when hiring. Employers also value experience, skills, and other attributes. Therefore, it is important to focus on gaining practical experience and developing transferable skills in addition to maintaining a high GPA.