A Week in the Life of a Factory Worker

• Thread starter wolram
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Life
In summary, Nearly every machine in the factory decides to self destruct on my watch, i loose my Internet connection for no apparent reason, there is a pool of water in the kitchen because my fridge decided to switch itself off, and all the stuff inside looks perished. All in all, it was a good day as no one died, but before my watch, my boss caught his finger in a freezer door he and others were repairing, his finger is crushed and may have to come off, several people had warnings for not doing their jobs correctly, some are on their final warning, and a operator, the second to do this, disconnected a hose and stuck his finger into an active pump.
wolram
Gold Member
Dearly Missed
Nearly every machine in the factory decides to self destruct on my watch, i loose my Internet
connection for no apparent reason, there is a pool of water in the kitchen because my fridge decided to switch itself off, and all the stuff inside looks perished.
All in all a good day as no one died, but before my watch, my boss caught his finger in a freezer door he and others were repairing, his finger is crushed and may have to come off, several people had warnings for not doing their jobs correctly, some are on their final warning, and a operator, the second to do this, disconnected a hose and stuck his finger into an active pump
and lost the tip off of it, oh and the new owners of the group have imposed impossible constraints on bug counts and machine serviceability, all in all an average week in my life.

Physics news on Phys.org
Please tell me at least that the ***** who washed the bearings got sacked...

I am glad it wasen't worse. Hope your weekend is much nicer.
I went back to work midweek, after being off for nearly 3 weeks. The stack of paper work was this high{points to chin}. The list of voice mail{all the people waiting for this paperwork} was just endless. Its going to take me forever to catch up.:cry:

Danger said:
Please tell me at least that the ***** who washed the bearings got sacked...

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear the follow-up on that one too.

Moonbear said:
Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear the follow-up on that one too.

No action, the operative was following guide lines, how the hell one defines sanity from reality is just so blurred, i mean would you wash your car engine every day and expect it to last?

wolram said:
would you wash your car engine every day and expect it to last?

W would probably try, if she knew how to open the hood (that's bonnet to you).

Danger said:
W would probably try, if she knew how to open the hood (that's bonnet to you).

You guys are so confusing, i thought the hood was were you live.

*pours wolly a pina colada and mango sorbet frozen drink*

Related to A Week in the Life of a Factory Worker

1. What is the purpose of a factory worker?

A factory worker's main purpose is to produce goods or products in a manufacturing setting. They may work on an assembly line, operate machinery, or perform other tasks related to the production process.

2. What is a typical day like for a factory worker?

A typical day for a factory worker involves working a set number of hours, often in a fast-paced and physically demanding environment. They may have specific tasks or responsibilities assigned to them, such as operating machinery, inspecting products, or packaging goods.

3. What skills are required to be a successful factory worker?

Some skills that are important for a factory worker to have include manual dexterity, attention to detail, physical stamina, and the ability to work well in a team. Depending on the type of factory, specialized skills such as operating machinery or understanding technical drawings may also be required.

4. What are the potential hazards of working in a factory?

Working in a factory can pose several hazards, including exposure to chemicals, heavy machinery, and repetitive physical tasks. There may also be risks of accidents or injuries if proper safety measures are not followed.

5. How does the role of a factory worker contribute to the economy?

The work of factory workers is essential for the production and distribution of goods, which in turn contributes to the economy. The products they help create are sold and used by consumers, which generates revenue and supports businesses and industries.