Why did the doctor transfer labor pain to the father?

• Thread starter davenn
  • Start date
In summary: I thought the summary was going to be something about a new machine for childbirth, but then the mailman dies? LOLIn summary, a couple went to the hospital to have their baby and the doctor offered to transfer the mother's labor pain to the father using a new machine. The husband handled the pain well and even suggested taking on all the pain, resulting in a painless delivery. However, upon returning home, they discovered that their mailman had died on their porch. In a separate incident, a man brings his monkey to a bar and the monkey eats various objects, including a cue ball and a maraschino cherry and a peanut from its own butt. The man is not surprised because the monkey will eat anything since it had
davenn
Science Advisor
Gold Member
2023 Award
A married couple went to the hospital together to have their baby delivered. Upon their arrival, the doctor said he had invented a new machine that would transfer a portion of the mother's labor pain to the father. He asked if they were willing to try it out. They were both very much in favor of it.
The doctor set the knob to 10 percent for starters, explaining that even 10 percent was probably more pain than the father had ever experienced before. But as the labor progressed, the husband felt fine, so he asked the doctor to go ahead and bump it up a notch. The doctor then adjusted the machine to 20 percent pain transfer.
The husband was still feeling fine.
The doctor checked the husband's blood pressure and pulse and was amazed at how well he was doing.
At this, they decided to try for 50 percent. The husband continued to feel quite well. Since it was obviously helping out his wife considerably, he encouraged the doctor to transfer ALL the pain to him.
The wife delivered a healthy baby with virtually no pain. She and her husband were ecstatic.
When they got home, the mailman was dead on their porch.

---------------------------

A guy walks into a bar with a monkey . The monkey grabbed some olives off the bar and ate them . Then he grabbed some sliced limes and ate them . He then jumped onto the pool table and grabbed one of the balls . To everyone's amazement, he stuck it in his mouth and somehow swallowed it whole .The bartender looked at the guy and said, "Did you see what your Monkey just did?"
"No, what?"
"He just ate the cue ball off my pool table . . . whole!"
"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replied the guy, "he eats everything in sight, don't worry, I'll pay for the cue ball . "The guy finished his drink, paid his bill, paid for the stuff the Monkey ate and left .

Two weeks later the guy came back, and had his monkey with him . He ordered a drink and the monkey started running around the bar . The Monkey found a maraschino cherry on the bar . He grabbed it, stuck it up his butt, pulled it out, and then ate it .

Then the monkey found a peanut, and again stuck it up his butt, pulled it out, and ate it . The bartender asked, "Did you see what your monkey just did?"
"No, what?" replied the man .
"Well, he stuck both a maraschino cherry and a peanut up his butt, pulled them out, and ate them!"

"Yeah, that doesn't surprise me," replied the guy .
"He will eat anything, but ever since he had to pass that cue ball, he measures everything firstD

Likes ProfuselyQuarky, Pepper Mint, Evo and 2 others
Physics news on Phys.org
Bahahaha. The first one got me.

Likes davenn

1. What is "Friday laughs"?

"Friday laughs" is a term used to describe the feeling of joy and humor that is associated with the last day of the work week. It is often a time for people to unwind and relax after a busy week, and to share funny stories or jokes with friends and colleagues.

2. Why do people find "Friday laughs" so enjoyable?

There are a few reasons why people may find "Friday laughs" so enjoyable. One is that it is a sign that the work week is coming to an end and the weekend is approaching, which can bring a sense of relief and excitement. Additionally, laughter has been shown to have many positive effects on our physical and mental health, so it is no surprise that people enjoy a good laugh on Fridays.

3. Are there any scientific benefits to "Friday laughs"?

Yes, there are several scientific benefits to "Friday laughs". Laughter has been found to reduce stress and anxiety, improve mood, boost the immune system, and even increase pain tolerance. It can also strengthen social bonds and improve communication, making it a valuable tool for building relationships.

4. How can I incorporate "Friday laughs" into my workplace?

One way to incorporate "Friday laughs" into the workplace is to designate a specific time or activity on Fridays that encourages humor and laughter. This could be a weekly joke sharing session, a funny video screening, or a team-building game focused on laughter. Another way is to simply encourage a positive and lighthearted atmosphere in the office, where people feel comfortable sharing funny stories or jokes with each other.

5. Can "Friday laughs" have a lasting impact on our well-being?

Yes, "Friday laughs" can have a lasting impact on our well-being. Research has shown that regularly incorporating laughter into our lives can have long-term benefits for our physical and mental health. By making "Friday laughs" a regular part of our routine, we can reap the positive effects of laughter and potentially improve our overall well-being.