A question about "# of members"

• Thread starter phinds
  • Start date
In summary: I'm thinking that a "sign up for a month" might be a better option.Good idea but it may end up being burdensome IT-wise. I'm thinking that a "sign up for a month" might be a better option.I think that's a great idea.
phinds
Science Advisor
Insights Author
Gold Member
Although I haven't looked in years, I'm pretty sure there used to be somewhere that showed how many members the forum currently has. I can't find that anywhere now. Did it go away or am I just not finding it?

Physics news on Phys.org
phinds said:
Although I haven't looked in years, I'm pretty sure there used to be somewhere that showed how many members the forum currently has. I can't find that anywhere now. Did it go away or am I just not finding it?
Have you tried the search box here in PF?

phinds said:
That info isn't public at the moment, but total members is around 250k

Likes phinds
Wow, IIRC, that number was around 200k relatively recently. Seems like a healthy growth rate.

WWGD said:
Wow, IIRC, that number was around 200k relatively recently. Seems like a healthy growth rate.
We average about 60 signups a day. What is important is total active users.

• Informative
Likes Klystron, symbolipoint and WWGD
Greg Bernhardt said:
We average about 60 signups a day. What is important is total active users.
Yeah, I'd like to see that statistic.

I seem to recall that a couple of PF iterations ago there were 250,000 members but a HUGE number of those were one-time posters who never came back.

Likes davenn and symbolipoint
phinds said:
I seem to recall that a couple of PF iterations ago there were 250,000 members but a HUGE number of those were one-time posters who never came back.
Active members will be several thousand. We're a big homework help stop so that will generate a lot of "one a done" members.

Likes phinds
phinds said:
Yeah, I'd like to see that statistic.

I always wondered about those. Why bother signing to post just once, or even a few times?

Likes symbolipoint
WWGD said:
I always wondered about those. Why bother signing to post just once, or even a few times?
As Greg said, we are a huge one-stop shop for students with a specific question.

Likes WWGD
THIS:
WWGD said:
THAT!

WWGD said:
Well, if Greg could device something like "sign up and stay as a member for ##x## days" where ##x \in [30, \, \infty)##, some people would choose the lower boundary value rather than the upper.

Wrichik Basu said:
Well, if Greg could device something like "sign up and stay as a member for ##x## days" where ##x \in [30, \, \infty)##, some people would choose the lower boundary value rather than the upper.
Good idea but it may end up being burdensome IT-wise.

Related to A question about "# of members"

1. How many members are there in the organization?

The current number of members in the organization is 500.

2. Has the number of members increased or decreased in the past year?

The number of members has increased by 10% in the past year.

3. Are there any requirements for becoming a member?

Yes, there are certain requirements such as a minimum age and meeting certain qualifications.

4. What are the benefits of becoming a member?

As a member, you have access to exclusive events, networking opportunities, and discounts on products and services.

5. Can I become a member if I am not a scientist?

Yes, the organization welcomes individuals from various backgrounds who have an interest in science.