Your recent accomplishments and goals

• Thread starter rootX
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Goals
In summary, In goal-setting, having fun is a good motivator. The individual achieved many goals, including repeating a semester's academic performance, taking a quantum leap in submodality manipulation, training for a driver's license, and being SCUBA certified. The individual also has plans to take more SCUBA training and to continue training in martial arts.
rootX
I made a PF blog recently

Posted Aug22-09 at 01:41 AM by rootX
Updated Aug22-09 at 01:49 AM by rootX

need to swim..

Also really want to volunteer in a hospital (particularly caring for old people). I have been thinking about that for past one-half or two years but never got enough motivation to do that.

I managed to do both of those activities. I started taking swimming lessons four months ago and now can swim a little not much. And tday, I started voluntering. One way or another I ended up finding a hospice society and got in for a volunteer position. I did not get to take care of old people directly but atleast I am contributing. It is sufficient for me that I can work towards making other goals now. It just makes me feel very happy :biggrin:

Anyone else managed to accomplish a little or more what they dreamed of recently? They don't have to be big.

Physics news on Phys.org
Great that you're doing those!

I think it's a good idea to have goals and projects. Some of my recent ones:

My daughter and I started taking martial arts together (had to stop doing this briefly but I hope to start up again in a month or so).
I trained to become a volunteer at a local zoo.
I took a class that's part of an evening master's program.

Upcoming goals:

Take another class.
Take some more SCUBA training.

I have a back injury. I hope to be able to stand up long enough to peel a potato or pick up my socks. I have liver damage too, so being able to sleep more than 2 hours is fantastic. Not vomiting up everything is good too.

Anything else is a fantasy right now.

Did I miss something? Evo, what happened?

I happen to be busy playing hockey right now. I have no goals.

Accomplishment:
Today is my 1 year anniversary on PF! :smile:

Goals:
Estate planning
Determine where to go for our next vacation
Hit the lottery. :rolleyes:

Accomplishment:

15 credits at Towson University at a 4.0 last semester, while working 41 hours a week.

Goal: Repeat the performance next semester

I've taken a quantum leap in submodality manipulation. Knowing my timeline and putting in all those goals into it is like stepping on one of those moving walkways at airports while people are handing you gifts. Having fun is... fun. :)

Monique said:
I had a thread about my back in the medical forum, I was going to add to it.

I am currently saving to buy a car. My most recent accomplishments include not paying for too many taxi trips home from work.

Monique said:

Its all those x-rays for broken what have yous and trips to the tiki lounge to recover.

Goals, goals, goals... Well, I'm seventeen, still in high school, but my long-term goals involve becoming a physician and establishing a family.

In the short term... I'm on sick leave, I've had some problems with depression, recently diagnosed with bipolar disorder, blah blah blah, just started eating lithium. So I'm hoping I'm well enough to kick back in school at autumn.

Otherwise... Well, I've currently starting a workout plan. As if things weren't enough I've also got Ehlers-Danlos syndrome (basically, less stable connective tissue) so I would really benefit from getting some musculature... And vanity plays in too, no one likes hypoderm.

I also want to take a driver's license, which I've had some recent obstructions with...

But honestly despite everything I feel at ease. At least I wasn't phazed two months ago when I suddenly had a retinal detachment! I just want to kick back life into the ordinary, you know?

lisab said:
My daughter and I started taking martial arts together (had to stop doing this briefly but I hope to start up again in a month or so).
Cool. What style of the arts are you training in?
Take some more SCUBA training.
Very cool. When do you think you'll be certified so you can get some air and go for it?

dlgoff said:
Cool. What style of the arts are you training in?

Very cool. When do you think you'll be certified so you can get some air and go for it?

It's a mixed style, tailored for self-defense. They also offer classes in what they call grappling, which is basically BJJ but also tailored for self-defense.

I was SCUBA certified some 25 years ago, then got re-certified about a year ago. So this summer I'd like to get the advanced open water training.

I know you've done some martial arts; what style? Do you dive, too?

Hi lisab. I did some judo training but didn't get too far into it. My daughter on the other hand has been training for about 11 years in Tae Kwon Do and has a second degree black belt in one style and a third degree back in another style. However since this last semester, she has decided to take a break. I can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

I never became certified for SCUBA but learned from others and they thought I was certified. Never told them and was able to get air for years. I only did fresh water diving in "clear" lakes.

btw That's my daughter doing a high round-house kick in my avatar.

dlgoff said:
Hi lisab. I did some judo training but didn't get too far into it. My daughter on the other hand has been training for about 11 years in Tae Kwon Do and has a second degree black belt in one style and a third degree back in another style. However since this last semester, she has decided to take a break. I can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

I never became certified for SCUBA but learned from others and they thought I was certified. Never told them and was able to get air for years. I only did fresh water diving in "clear" lakes.

btw That's my daughter doing a high round-house kick in my avatar.

For all these years, I thought it's batman!

Evo said:
I have a back injury. I hope to be able to stand up long enough to peel a potato or pick up my socks. I have liver damage too, so being able to sleep more than 2 hours is fantastic. Not vomiting up everything is good too.

Anything else is a fantasy right now.

I hope you recover soon :biggrin:

rootX said:
For all these years, I thought it's batman!

:smile:

Related to Your recent accomplishments and goals

1. What have been your most significant accomplishments in your field?

My most significant accomplishments include publishing several peer-reviewed articles, receiving grants for my research projects, and presenting at national and international conferences.

2. How do you measure the success of your research?

I measure the success of my research through the impact it has on the scientific community and society as a whole. This can be seen through citations, media coverage, and practical applications of my findings.

3. What motivated you to pursue your current research goals?

I am motivated by my passion for understanding the world around us and making a positive impact through my work. I am also driven by the desire to contribute to the advancement of my field and to collaborate with other researchers.

4. What challenges have you faced in your research and how have you overcome them?

I have faced challenges such as limited funding, technical difficulties, and unexpected results. To overcome these challenges, I have sought alternative funding sources, consulted with colleagues for troubleshooting, and adjusted my research methods and hypotheses accordingly.

5. What are your future goals and plans for your research?

My future goals include continuing to publish high-impact research, securing larger grants for more ambitious projects, and mentoring and collaborating with other scientists. I also plan to expand my research to new areas and further explore the practical applications of my findings.