X-Files Movie "I Want to Believe": Reviews & Showtimes

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Movie
In summary, The conversation revolves around the movie "X-Files 2" and whether or not people are planning on seeing it. Some people are excited about it while others are disappointed with the first one and don't plan on seeing it. One person mentions that they used to be a huge fan of the X-Files series but are now hesitant to see the movie. Overall, it seems that opinions are divided on whether or not the movie will be good.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
"I want to believe".

Is anyone planning to go see this? Anyone heard any reviews?

Physics news on Phys.org
The last movie was excellent. I'm looking forward to see the next one.

I might tell you later today :smile:

The first was was O.K.

This one seemed really odd because no one watches that show anymore. They just came out of no where with this movie.

Im probably not going to see it. They already suckered my $10.00 on the first one.

As an X-Files fan I was unfortunately quite disappointed by this one. It just didn't have any of the elements that made X-Files classic; it was more of a generic drama/horror film with Scully and Mulder kinda thrown in the mix. Won't be buying this one on DVD...

Well crud, I was hoping for a good movie.

I'm going to see it. I thought the first one wasn't that bad, so i'll at least give this one benefit of the doubt.

I can tell you that I used to like X-file, and generally, I'm not easily bored :rolleyes:

yes, i plan on seeing it. and fortunately for me, I've been watching x-files episodes recently, so the show isn't completely forgotten to me

I want to believe (that it'll be good)... I was a HUGE fan of the series as a kid and until it ended. I pretty much grew up on X-Files ("da eex files" as they would pronounce it in Israel) and the Simpsons... and seeing both go to the crapper would be kinda sad... I think I won't even risk it this time and not see it :frown:

Related to X-Files Movie "I Want to Believe": Reviews & Showtimes

1. What is the plot of "X-Files Movie: I Want to Believe"?

The movie follows former FBI agents Mulder and Scully, who have since retired from their roles in the X-Files division, as they are called back to help with a missing persons case. The case leads them on a mysterious and dangerous journey involving a psychic priest, a medical experiment, and a possible government conspiracy.

2. Is this movie a continuation of the original "X-Files" series?

Yes, "I Want to Believe" takes place six years after the events of the original series and is considered a sequel to the first X-Files movie, "Fight the Future". While it does reference events from the series, it can be enjoyed as a standalone film.

3. Are there any familiar faces from the original series in this movie?

Yes, the main characters of Mulder and Scully are played by David Duchovny and Gillian Anderson, reprising their iconic roles. Other returning characters include FBI Director Walter Skinner and the Cigarette Smoking Man.

4. How have critics and audiences responded to "I Want to Believe"?

The movie received mixed reviews, with some praising the chemistry of the lead actors and the creepy atmosphere, while others criticized the slow pace and lack of action. It currently holds a 31% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. However, it did receive a positive response from fans of the series.

5. When and where can I watch "I Want to Believe"?

The movie was released in theaters in 2008 and is now available for streaming on various platforms such as Amazon Prime Video and Hulu. It can also be purchased on DVD or Blu-ray. Showtimes and availability may vary depending on your location and chosen streaming service.