Why is my post disappearing on Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Rob060870
  • Start date
In summary, there is a problem with posts disappearing on a forum and the user is unable to view their own post unless they make another one. They are asking for help and suggesting refreshing the thread and checking browser/OS and Java script settings.
Rob060870
Hello Readers,

Something strange is happening on here. after I have posted something it promptly dissapears!, I can only get the original text up on screen if I post another after the first!. is this problem happening to anyone else?.
for example I have left a response in the thread entitled- alien life forms, do they exist?, my reply would be after post 16 but I can't see it, can anyone else or is it just me?.

Can anyone help?

Thanks.

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Try to refresh the thread.

What browser/OS do you use? Do you have enabled Java script?

Hello Rob060870! :smile:
Rob060870 said:
… my reply would be after post 16 but I can't see it

only 16 posts per page! :wink:

Related to Why is my post disappearing on Physics Forums?

1. What is a "Physics Forums glitch"?

A Physics Forums glitch refers to a technical error or malfunction that occurs on the Physics Forums website, which is an online platform for discussing and sharing information about physics and related topics.

2. How often do "Physics Forums glitches" occur?

The frequency of "Physics Forums glitches" can vary, but they typically occur infrequently and are resolved quickly by the website's technical team.

3. What types of glitches can happen on Physics Forums?

There are a variety of glitches that can occur on Physics Forums, including server errors, broken links, loading issues, and formatting problems. These glitches can affect the functionality and usability of the website.

4. How can I report a "Physics Forums glitch"?

If you encounter a "Physics Forums glitch", you can report it by contacting the website's technical support team or by using the "Report a Problem" feature on the website. Be sure to provide as much detail as possible about the glitch, including any error messages or screenshots.

5. Can I fix a "Physics Forums glitch" myself?

As a user, you may not have the ability to fix a "Physics Forums glitch" yourself. However, you can help by reporting the glitch and providing information to the technical support team. You can also try clearing your browser's cache and cookies, or using a different browser, to see if that resolves the issue.