Why do we crave attention, even in the most uncomfortable situations?

• Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Year
In summary, telepathy is not the best way to communicate, and the author's title is not very sincere.
Physics news on Phys.org
Lol.

Love it.

micromass said:
MM,

That's a beauty. It's too bad MIH's title is not sincere, maybe something like, "Best Crackpot posts of the year". I think some will not get the intent, and list great posts instead. hehe...

Rhody... o:)

Last edited:
There was truly awesome one just the other day that wondered if the "alternate Earth energy e=mc^2" could explain, in one shot, the missing Atlantis and the presence of the (hollow) Moon by way of Earth's magnetic field acting "like a car's alternator" and ejecting it.

And it had diagrams.

I wanted to preserve it, perhaps in acrylic, but alas, it was unceremoniously expunged.

Can we self-nominate? I just desperately want attention.

I'm in an industrial printing facility sitting next to a 300C gas dryer, on top of a 5 gallon bucket of blanket wash (not that kind of blanket), wearing earplugs because of the deafening noise, and all of the local clocks are off by 3 hours.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3452984&postcount=6

FlexGunship said:
Can we self-nominate? I just desperately want attention.

I'm in an industrial printing facility sitting next to a 300C gas dryer, on top of a 5 gallon bucket of blanket wash (not that kind of blanket), wearing earplugs because of the deafening noise, and all of the local clocks are off by 3 hours.

https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=3452984&postcount=6

Yeah, I liked that one :biggrin:

Related to Why do we crave attention, even in the most uncomfortable situations?

1. What is the "Best posts of the year at PF"?

The "Best posts of the year at PF" is an annual compilation of the most popular and highest-rated posts on the Physics Forums website. These posts cover a wide range of topics in physics and are selected by the community through a voting process.

2. How are the best posts selected?

The best posts are selected through a community voting process. At the end of each year, members of the Physics Forums community can nominate and vote for their favorite posts in various categories, such as "Best overall post" or "Best post in a specific subject area." The posts with the most votes in each category are then compiled into the "Best posts of the year at PF" list.

3. Can anyone participate in the voting process?

Yes, anyone with an account on Physics Forums can participate in the voting process for the "Best posts of the year at PF." However, members must have a certain level of activity and reputation on the site to be able to nominate and vote for posts.

4. How can I access the "Best posts of the year at PF" list?

The "Best posts of the year at PF" list is usually published on the Physics Forums website at the beginning of the new year. It can be accessed by navigating to the "Community" section of the website and selecting the "Best posts of the year" category.

5. Can I contribute to the "Best posts of the year at PF" list?

Yes, you can contribute to the "Best posts of the year at PF" list by nominating and voting for your favorite posts. Additionally, if you have a post that you believe should be included in the list, you can encourage others to nominate and vote for it. However, the final selection of posts is based on community voting and cannot be influenced by individual users.