Who is the 30,000th member of Physics Forums?

• Thread starter Ivan Seeking
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Nabla
In summary, the mystery of who the 30,000th member is is still unsolved. There are several possible suspects, including Mattmns, rachmaninoff, Moonbear, Integral, z-component, Tom, Greg, Zooby, Danger, or the return of Tribdog. However, the most likely culprit is Evo, as he was logged in at the same time as nabla and rachmaninoff. Mr. Eddington from Scotland Yard has been contacted to investigate.
Ivan Seeking
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
Who is this strange new member - our 30,000th? And though there have been false accusations against me,

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=89349&page=7

I have it on good authority that we do have an imposter.

Could it be mattmns, rachmaninoff or Moonbear? How about Integral, z-component, or Tom? Maybe Greg... Or perhaps Zooby, Danger, or maybe even the return of Tribdog?

There is a mystery to be solved.

Physics news on Phys.org
NOT me http://carboninside.com/beaver.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think its Evo! I can smell an evo a mile away

I wonder if we can get nabla to post.

Why is everyone looking at me? :rolleyes:

Hmmmm, is this a confession?

No, it's not! Or is it? :rolleyes:

*grabs the torture instruments*

Someone grab hurkyl... we'll force him to confess. Torture always reveals the correct answers!

Ack, not the soft pillows! Anything but the comfy chair!

I'm too tired to stay up and continue playing around so I'll admit it: it's not me.

Ivan Seeking said:
Could it be mattmns, rachmaninoff or Moonbear? How about Integral, z-component, or Tom? Maybe Greg... Or perhaps Zooby, Danger, or maybe even the return of Tribdog?

Eh? Now we're accusing me? If you look at the photograph mattmns took at 3:09 PM today:

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pf300001wk.png

...you can clearly see users "nabla" and "rachmaninoff" logged in at the same time. Whereas, user "Ivan Seeking" was logged off for those four minutes.

Hurkyl said:
it's not me.
Or isn't it?

Actually, I'm pretty confident that Hurkyl is telling the truth.

Or am I?

We have contacted a Mr. Eddington from Scotland Yard to get to the bottom of this. I have it on good confidence that Mr. Eddington is one of the best. He has a nose for clues and a shiny new magnifying glass. It might be sooner or it might be later, but he'll get to the bottom of all this.

Or will he?

Maybe he won't after all. It wouldn't be the first time dastardly mystery fell through the cracks in the shadier nooks and crannies of Physics Forums.

Or would it?

rachmaninoff said:
Eh? Now we're accusing me? If you look at the photograph mattmns took at 3:09 PM today:

http://img457.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pf300001wk.png

...you can clearly see users "nabla" and "rachmaninoff" logged in at the same time.

One could easily coordinate such a deception. Obviously this person is very cunning.

I say we ban their IP.

Whoever is against the idea has something to lose......

Thank you rachmaninoff, for some reason Ivan keeps trying to take the heat off himself!

Mr. Eddington has passed along to me some top secret information that independently incriminates Ivan! With two converging lines of evidence, it seems likely that Ivan is the culprit.

Or does it?

Then again, this could all just be a red herring designed to throw us all off the trail of the real trickster.

Or could it?

Ok.. I DID IT! I confess. I ATE THOSE COOKIES! There, happy now?! :cry:

Ivan Seeking said:
One could easily coordinate such a deception. Obviously this person is very cunning.

Why, thank you!

Pengwuino said:
I say we ban their IP.
Whoever is against the idea has something to lose......

I say we ban Pengwuino's IP. Anyone against the idea has something to lose, which makes them suspicious. In which case they should be banned also.

rachmaninoff said:
I say we ban Pengwuino's IP. Anyone against the idea has something to lose, which makes them suspicious. In which case they should be banned also.

What a Catch 22...

If Nabla was a genuine member, you've probably scared them off now :P

Makes you wonder.. what those other 29999 members thought of!

Oooh, a PF mystery! :approve:

ALRIGHT, WHO CHANGED THE SMILIES AGAIN??

I'm glad the 30,000th member isn't real. Now, who is the imposter?

NABLA MOVED THE SMILIES! [tex] \nabla [/tex] HAS ADMINISTRSTIVE POWERS! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

You're right, yomamma. I'm sure that's Greg! :rolleyes:

Oh, I believe Ivan is right that there's an imposter afoot. Will the real nabla please stand up?

(At least we've avoided a real new member from being scared off with a flood of PMs congratulating them on being the 30,000th member. :smile:)

What if it IS a new member? :)

we've already banned a real member that we thought was fake, remember Lisa!?

It's a witch hunt!

Bladibla has the same last 3 letters in his user name...I say we start there.:confused:

AAAHHH! conspiracy!

hmm... and nambla spelled backwards and with a few more letters and a few taken out spells out yomamma...

coincadence?

1) it is nabla
2) it is coincidence

yomamma said:
we've already banned a real member that we thought was fake, remember Lisa!?

u banned Lisa! ?

good! I don't like to share my !s with her!:devil: :biggrin:

Pengwuino said:
hmm... and nambla spelled backwards and with a few more letters and a few taken out spells out yomamma...

coincadence?
Let's not confuse nambla with nabla please, that could get icky.

Lisa! said:
u banned Lisa! ?
good! I don't like to share my !s with her!:devil: :biggrin:
oh I guess lisa! was fake after all. (is that you Evo?!)

your location is the same as my old one. I'm going to have to put copyright laws on everything I say and do.

has anyone noticed that franzbear is dead?