Where can I find some hard physics problems? (Mech/EM)

In summary, the conversation is about someone looking for challenging physics problems similar to those found in physics.harvard.edu's Problem of the Week and Morin's Intro to Classical Mechanics. The conversation suggests checking out links to qualifying exam questions from various schools and E.T. Whittaker's Classical Dynamics of Particles and Rigid Bodies for difficult problems.
Socrates
Hey guys, I'm looking for some nice new physics challenges similar to physics.harvard.edu Problem of the Week or the 2 star and above problems in Morin's Intro to Classical Mechanics (also Feynman problems). Where else can I find such problems? Or does anyone know of a few that they could share?

Physics news on Phys.org
Socrates said:
Hey guys, I'm looking for some nice new physics challenges similar to physics.harvard.edu Problem of the Week or the 2 star and above problems in Morin's Intro to Classical Mechanics (also Feynman problems). Where else can I find such problems? Or does anyone know of a few that they could share?

This post has links to qualifying exam questions from various schools. I'm sure you'll find plenty of challenging questions in those topics.

https://www.physicsforums.com/threa...ree-isnt-in-physics.64966/page-6#post-5024283

Zz.

Likes Dr. Courtney, Dishsoap and Socrates
Look at E.T. Whittaker's Classical Dynamics of Particles and Rigid Bodies. It is 100+ years old, but it has some really nasty problems.

Related to Where can I find some hard physics problems? (Mech/EM)

1. Where can I find hard physics problems related to Mechanics and Electromagnetism?

There are various sources where you can find challenging physics problems related to Mechanics and Electromagnetism. These include textbooks, online forums, university websites, and educational platforms such as Khan Academy and Brilliant. You can also attend physics seminars and conferences to get access to difficult problems and discuss them with experts in the field.

2. Are there any online platforms specifically dedicated to providing hard physics problems?

Yes, there are several online platforms that offer a wide range of challenging physics problems. Some of these include Physics Stack Exchange, Physics Forums, and Physics Overflow. These platforms have a community of physics enthusiasts who are willing to help and discuss difficult problems with others.

3. How can I improve my problem-solving skills in Mechanics and Electromagnetism?

To improve your problem-solving skills in Mechanics and Electromagnetism, it is important to have a strong understanding of the fundamental concepts and principles. Practice solving problems from various sources and try to break them down into smaller, more manageable parts. It is also helpful to seek guidance from experienced physicists or join study groups to discuss and solve problems together.

4. Can I find real-world applications of hard physics problems in Mechanics and Electromagnetism?

Yes, hard physics problems in Mechanics and Electromagnetism often have real-world applications. These problems are designed to test your ability to apply theoretical concepts to practical situations. By solving these problems, you can gain a deeper understanding of how these principles are used in various industries and technologies, such as engineering, robotics, and telecommunications.

5. Is it important to solve hard physics problems in Mechanics and Electromagnetism even if I am not pursuing a career in physics?

Yes, solving hard physics problems in Mechanics and Electromagnetism can be beneficial even if you are not pursuing a career in physics. These problems can improve your critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills, which are valuable in any field. They also help develop a deeper understanding of the natural world and how it works, making you a better-rounded individual.