Where Can I Find Alexander Rosa's Paper on Valuations of Graph Vertices?

• Thread starter Charles Stark
  • Start date
  • Tags
    article
In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to find a paper called "On Certain Valuations of the Vertices of a Graph" by Alexander Rosa. They have searched online and at their library but have not been able to find it. They are seeking suggestions for how to access the paper. The conversation also includes updates on the author's status and a response from the author after the person took a risk and emailed him.
Charles Stark
I'm trying to find

On Certain Valuations of the Vertices of a Graph
by Alexander Rosa

I've looked for a couple days but I can't seem to find it anywhere online or at my library. Any suggestions?

Mathematics news on Phys.org
For fee
http://www.researchgate.net/publication/244474213_On_certain_valuations_of_the_vertices_of_a_graph

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks! I went ahead and created an account and requested the text from him but I doubt I'll get a response.

Charles Stark said:
Thanks! I went ahead and created an account and requested the text from him but I doubt I'll get a response.
This paper was originally published in 1966. You might be waiting on a response from the author from the Great Beyond.

Update: checked the McMaster U website. Prof Rosa is listed as Prof. emeritus:

http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/index.php/people/faculty-emerti/66-/faculty-emeriti/318-rosa-alexander.html

SteamKing said:
This paper was originally published in 1966. You might be waiting on a response from the author from the Great Beyond.

Update: checked the McMaster U website. Prof Rosa is listed as Prof. emeritus:

http://www.math.mcmaster.ca/index.php/people/faculty-emerti/66-/faculty-emeriti/318-rosa-alexander.html
Thanks! I took a risk and sent him an email.

I have always wondered what internet provider the "great beyond" used!

It must have been fancy shmancy because I got a response rather quickly.

Related to Where Can I Find Alexander Rosa's Paper on Valuations of Graph Vertices?

1. What does "Can Not Find This Article" mean?

"Can Not Find This Article" is a phrase commonly used to indicate that a specific article or publication cannot be located or accessed. This may be due to various reasons, such as the article being unpublished, removed, or not yet published.

2. How can I find an article that I cannot locate?

If you are unable to find an article, you can try searching for it using different keywords or on different databases. You can also reach out to the author or the publication for further assistance. Additionally, you can check if the article has been retracted or if there are any updates on its availability.

3. Is it possible for an article to completely disappear?

Yes, it is possible for an article to completely disappear. This can happen if the article is unpublished, removed, or if the publication has been discontinued. Additionally, technical issues or errors can also result in an article being inaccessible or deleted.

4. Why is it important to be able to find an article?

Being able to find an article is important for several reasons. It allows for further research and development in a particular field, adds to the existing knowledge and understanding, and enables others to build upon previous studies. Additionally, finding an article also allows for proper citation and credit to be given to the original authors.

5. What should I do if I need a specific article for my research but cannot find it?

If you need a specific article for your research but are unable to find it, you can try reaching out to the authors or the publication for assistance. Additionally, you can also consult with your colleagues or a librarian for help in locating the article. If all else fails, you may need to consider finding alternative sources or references for your research.