When I am looking with my sunglasses to PC display I see darker

• Thread starter agentas
  • Start date
  • Tags
    pc
In summary, when looking at a PC display with polarized sunglasses, the image appears darker. Tilting your head 45 degrees blocks all light, similar to crossed polarizers. However, even with expensive polarized sunglasses, there may not be a noticeable effect. Additionally, tilting your head up or down instead of left or right may also affect the appearance of the image.
agentas
When I am looking with my sunglasses to PC display I see darker image.Then I turn my head 45 degrees and I do not see anything.Why?

Physics news on Phys.org

Because the light from the screen is polarized (I am assuming it is an LCD) , and you are using polarizing sunglasses.
Tilting your head is therefore analogous to crossed polarisers, it will block all light.

ok so my cheap sunglasses(6 euros) are polarized.
But then if I do the same with my wife glasses really expensive (200 euros)D§G i do not see any effect.Are they not polarized?

agentas said:
ok so my cheap sunglasses(6 euros) are polarized.
But then if I do the same with my wife glasses really expensive (200 euros)D§G i do not see any effect.Are they not polarized?

possibly not

D

Wouldn't it make a difference if you tilt your head up or down 45 degrees instead of left or right 45 degrees?

Related to When I am looking with my sunglasses to PC display I see darker

1. Why does my PC display look darker when I am wearing sunglasses?

When you wear sunglasses, they act as a filter for your eyes and block out certain types of light. This includes the blue light emitted by electronic screens, which can make your display appear darker than it actually is.

2. Is it harmful to my eyes to look at my PC display with sunglasses on?

Looking at your PC display with sunglasses on is not necessarily harmful to your eyes, but it can cause eye strain and fatigue due to the contrast between the darkened screen and the surrounding environment. It is recommended to take breaks and limit the amount of time spent looking at screens, even with sunglasses on.

3. Can I adjust my display settings to make it easier to see with sunglasses on?

Yes, you can adjust the brightness and contrast settings on your display to make it easier to see with sunglasses on. You can also try using a blue light filter or wearing polarized sunglasses, which can help reduce glare and improve visibility.

4. Why do some PC displays appear darker than others when I am wearing sunglasses?

This can be due to a variety of factors, such as the type of sunglasses you are wearing, the brightness and contrast settings on your display, and the amount of ambient light in the room. Some displays may also have better anti-glare coatings or be designed to reduce blue light, making them easier to see with sunglasses on.

5. Are there any other ways to reduce eye strain when using a PC display with sunglasses on?

In addition to adjusting display settings, taking breaks, and using blue light filters or polarized sunglasses, you can also try increasing the font size on your display, using proper lighting in the room, and positioning your display at a comfortable distance and angle. It is also important to have regular eye exams to ensure your eyes are healthy and to address any potential vision issues.