What's the View Like From My New Place?

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Pictures
In summary, Bear with me, I'm learning how to use my camera phone and I've just e-mailed these to myself from my phone. When I get my SD adaptor hopefully they'll look better.
I actually quit a job over a bad office situation. My boss made me share an office with a guy named Farzad (a.k.a. "Fartzad" - guess why).

Physics news on Phys.org
lisab said:
Evo's new (but temporary) office...

View attachment 12814
Excellent! Reminds me of MAD magazine.

Ouch.

:frown:

I passed out last night in the bathroom, my temperature had fallen to 93 degrees F, luckily I was on my knees in front of the toilet because I was nauseated, so when I hit my face on the hard stone tiles, my bottom teeth cut completely through the part of my chin just below my bottom lip, but no serious injuries!. Stitches, hurt, swollen, pain.

I'm not taking the blame for this one, being unconscious doesn't count, even if it was just a brief blackout. My best friend at work, (yes, I came in late), has suggested buying me one of those "I've fallen and can't get up" devices. I think it's a good idea at this point.

Maybe I need to hook up a live webcam and let people monitor me over the internet.

Nah.

Evo, you need to get a job as a receptionist in an emergency room. Then when "stuff" inevitably happens to you, you'll already be in the vicinity of urgent medical care.

I hope you've been thoroughly checked by the doctor. Its not good to just pass out. Although I suspect your low body temperature probably caused low blood pressure and the resulting black out.

Evo said:
I passed out last night in the bathroom, my temperature had fallen to 93 degrees F, luckily I was on my knees in front of the toilet because I was nauseated, so when I hit my face on the hard stone tiles, my bottom teeth cut completely through the part of my chin just below my bottom lip, but no serious injuries!. Stitches, hurt, swollen, pain.
That sounds pretty serious. Sounds like low blood pressure, or hypoglycemia, or some cardiac issue. Time to see a physician perhaps.

I'm not taking the blame for this one, being unconscious doesn't count, even if it was just a brief blackout. My best friend at work, (yes, I came in late), has suggested buying me one of those "I've fallen and can't get up" devices. I think it's a good idea at this point.
Maybe an emergency button would be good idea.

Someone else just walked into my office and started laughing at my pillar.

Well - I've been thinking of a few more ideas, e.g.

start a list of "1001 things to do with a pillar in my cubicle."

or

put up a sign, Climbing Wall ($10/climb) or $99.99 monthly membership. Maybe you could put a rappelling line around it.

or

decorate it with posters or a mural. I was thinking a tropical beach or rainforest motif, or a maybe some mountain posters.

or

get a model Batman and Batmobile and transform the cave into 'The Batcave'. You'll need a scale 'atomic pile' as well.

or

find a small basketball backboard and net, and offer to exchange with one on the 'guys'.

or

paste a copy of lisab's drawing on the column.

Is you boss aware of how incredibly stupid your office is?

Evo said:
Ouch.

:frown:

Yikes! That sounds kind of like going into shock or something. Did you get thoroughly checked out when you went in for the stitches? That's not something to mess around with. I hope you mentioned the root canal when you were there, just in case it's some complication of that.

Moonbear said:
Yikes! That sounds kind of like going into shock or something.
It does, now that you mention it, I wonder why my temperature dropped like that? I felt like ice, which is why I took my temperature, I wanted to verify if I was just imagining feeling that cold.

Did you get thoroughly checked out when you went in for the stitches? That's not something to mess around with. I hope you mentioned the root canal when you were there, just in case it's some complication of that.
:redface: Nope, I guess that might have been a good idea. :rolleyes:

lisab said:
You really should see a doctor, or at least ask your dentist if it's related. I hope you feel better soon!

Agreed...call a REAL doctor (not your usual pill-pusher) and let them know about the recent dental work in addition to the drop in temperature and nausea before passing out. If you have some sort of infection getting into your heart valves (a real risk of invasive dental procedures like root canal) that's not yet triggering a fever, that sort of thing could cause weird symptoms like that. If it's something like that, you DON'T want to wait, you want to be on antibiotics right away before it does permanent damage. Or, it could be a weird coincidence with the timing (the arm was healed, the tooth was fixed, so time for Evo to acquire a new injury), but still something that should be thoroughly checked out. The drop in temperature and nausea are especially concerning and make it more than just an odd bout of fatigue or onset of flu or something.

Agreed, Moonie. Get to a real diagnostician, Evo!

93°F is worrisomely low. There can be several reasons for low temperature, including sepsis (widespread infection), of which septicemia is one possibility. Possibile infection could have spread from the abscessed tooth. There are other causes as well.

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/body-temperature/AN01513

If the fainting or low temperature reoccurs - go to an ER - don't wait.

Last edited by a moderator:
you r very lucky to live over there:)

Evo said:
Bear with me, I'm learning how to use my camera phone and I've just e-mailed these to myself from my phone. When I get my SD adaptor hopefully they'll look better.

This is from my bedroom window
fromhouse4bc2.jpg

From the patio
frompatio1sg6.jpg

From the back door (you can see how quickly the yard drops off into the ravine) this is where I fell and broke my arm
frombackdoorzj5.jpg

This is sitting at my computer
fromcomputerdc5.jpg

wow..! ! Beautiful! I wish it would snow here in the philippines...

Attachments

• fromhouse4bc2.jpg
    fromhouse4bc2.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 266
Here is a picture taken from my patio a few minutes ago with the camera the Evo Child gave me for mother's day. Ah, I see that I need to set the date.

camerapictures006li0.jpg

Great shot, Evo but perhaps issue a height fear warning too: don't look if you're acrophobic.

Ephratah7 said:

You should come to Quebec and see the snow here!

I'll be creating a website with Quebec pictures soon, and I'll link you to it.

(Adding to photoshack and linking all the time is annoying.)

Evo said:
Here is a picture taken from my patio a few minutes ago with the camera the Evo Child gave me for mother's day. Ah, I see that I need to set the date.

camerapictures006li0.jpg

Wow that looks lovely.

Ephratah7 said:
Snow? You want snow? This was my house in March. I would gladly have shared the snow with you.
marchhouse.jpg

turbo-1 said:
Snow? You want snow? This was my house in March. I would gladly have shared the snow with you.
marchhouse.jpg

Man, that's nuts.

Cyrus said:
Man, that's nuts.
Luckily, we had a week-long thaw in previous months and several rains that reduced the depth of the snow. We got well over 10' of snow last winter - lots of shoveling, snow-scooping, roof-raking, and snow-blowing. I'm glad it's over.

turbo-1 said:
Luckily, we had a week-long thaw in previous months and several rains that reduced the depth of the snow. We got well over 10' of snow last winter - lots of shoveling, snow-scooping, roof-raking, and snow-blowing. I'm glad it's over.

Snow---ya call dat snow-- 10 feet?----we call that 'dust' aroun' thees parts, kiddo

-----

I didn't get much really this year---I thought I had heard that someplace in NW NY state got about or over 5 feet though in one snow 'event'--2 to 3 days

Last edited:
rewebster said:
Snow---ya call dat snow-- 10 feet?----we call that 'dust' aroun' thees parts, kiddo

I think you're confused with some illegal substances.

Evo said:

camerapictures006li0.jpg

Nice gully! Looks like a nice area.

Any signs of notagoshawk lately?

Astronuc said:
Nice gully! Looks like a nice area.

Any signs of notagoshawk lately?
That's the "ditch of darn" - a terrain element that might be dangerous only if you are incapable of walking without falling down.

Kurdt said:
I think you're confused with some illegal substances.

funny!---I didn't catch the double usage-(and usually try to include them on purpose)

Gully? It's the CHASM OF DOOM! It's where I fell and broke my arm. :frown:

Ok, so it's not a staight 20 foot drop directly into the creek, but it's at least a 45 degree slope in some places, something young girls with baby stollers and babies can manuever down, but not EVO! I fell when I slipped on an 8" dip in the grass. But it was DARK, and the grass was wet, and I was wearing thongs. :rolleyes: If 8" can break an arm, just imagine what me tumbling 20 feet would do.

rewebster said:

-----

I didn't get much really this year---I thought I had heard that someplace in NW NY state got about or over 5 feet though in one snow 'event'--2 to 3 days
Yeah, when I as a kid we got about that much in one "event". My wife's parent's house was buried, and they had to climb out of upper-story windows to shovel out the doors. I had the responsibility of getting outside periodically to keep the doors clear so that they could be opened, and try to bust up the snow-banks from the plowing operations so that my father could get to work every day. Between the driveway, the clotheslines, and the paths to each, I shoveled pretty much full-time every day. This year was mild compared to that.

Evo said:

Ok, so it's not a staight 20 foot drop directly into the creek, but it's at least a 45 degree slope in some places, something young girls with baby stollers and babies can manuever down, but not EVO! I fell when I slipped on an 8" dip in the grass. But it was DARK, and the grass was wet, and I was wearing thongs. :rolleyes: If 8" can break an arm, just imagine what me tumbling 20 feet would do.
Well, don't do that again. Please don't go outside in the dark, especially when the grass is wet.

There isn't a porch light or some yard light back there?

I think you just landed hard. The secretary at our company was out walking her dog at night when he abruptly turned right in front of her. She fell over the dog and broke her forearm and IIRC sprained her wrist.

Just be careful - until we can build an Evo catcher back there. :approve:

The Evo racing-leather-duvet-bubble-wrap suit will be ready soon. I just have to figure out an air con system.

Evo said:

Ok---but what kind of shoes were you wearing?

Evo said:
But it was DARK, and the grass was wet, and I was wearing thongs.
You need to wear MULTIPLE thongs? What is this? Pre-Depends training for middle-aged women.

Evo! ---EVO!---

---please POST something!--anything!-!

I just want to make sure you didn't go out THERE!-----in your thong(s) again!