What Questions Can a New Member Ask in a Physics Forum?

• Thread starter HandSolo
  • Start date
In summary, a new member can ask a wide range of questions on a physics forum, including inquiries about specific concepts or theories, clarification on calculations or equations, seeking advice on experiments or projects, and discussing current events or advancements in the field. They can also request help with understanding complex topics or techniques, seek recommendations for further learning, and engage in discussions with other members. The forum provides a platform for individuals to connect and learn from each other in the fascinating world of physics.
HandSolo
Hi,
I've been meaning to join a physics forum for ages and have finally got around to it!

I'm an ex Mechanical Engineer with a fascination with physics. My interest lies in both the practical (as may pertain to my cars or motorbikes) but also the less practical (for example quantum effects) : though my questions would be less coherent for this kind of thing, and could possibly be seen as excruciating for those with real knowledge.

I hope to ask some ridiculously simple questions to your good selves very soon.

Likes berkeman
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to the PF! :smile:

Have a read through our various forums to see which ones will work best for your questions. Also try to post links to your reading when starting a new thread with questions -- that helps us to see where you are and fine-tune our responses. :smile: