What type of chamber and material would be required?

In summary, the conversation discusses the possibility of using a vacuum to regulate the temperature of a computer, specifically a quantum computer. However, it is noted that this may not be the most effective solution as quantum computers require very low temperatures. Alternative solutions such as liquid cooling are suggested, but the overall idea of using a vacuum is deemed unlikely to work.
Eatyourknowledge
To sustain a near perfect vacuum around a computer, that had an outgoing link? Also how would you defuse the temperature and vacuum loss of the outgoing cable to the other circuits? thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
What would be the point? With no air to circulate around the innards, it would like overheat.

Likes davenn
I don't think I understand what you want to do. Is the computer in a vacuum? I can't see why you would ever think of something so bizarre.

phinds said:
With no air to circulate around the innards, it would like overheat.
Maybe you could use a sophisticated liquid cooling system, but then again, why would you need a fully functioning computer in a vacuum? Is OP planning to visit space with his Pentium computer?

lekh2003 said:
Maybe you could use a sophisticated liquid cooling system,
And what would carry the heat away from that liquid cooling system?

Likes davenn
phinds said:
And what would carry the heat away from that liquid cooling system?
Obviously, in a perfect vacuum such as space, this will never ever work. But if OP is willing to put the computer in a vacuum chamber, the liquid tubes can pass through the computer and out of the chamber to cool down.

Or you could have icy cool liquid that cools down the computer, but obviously this would eventually heat up and would need refills (just like the computer's battery).

Honestly I have been drinking but was wondering if a vacuum could be utilized to control the temperature of a quantum computer. But since it would need an output, could a camber like virus control be used to minimize temperature loss

Eatyourknowledge said:
Honestly I have been drinking but was wondering if a vacuum could be utilized to control the temperature of a quantum computer. But since it would need an output, could a camber like virus control be used to minimize temperature loss
Quantum computers need to be kept very very cold. Vacuums might not be the best idea, you need the temperature too low and just a regular computer won't function.

Exactly, would a extremely low pressure vacuum be able to help regulate a very low pressure environment

Related to What type of chamber and material would be required?

1. What type of chamber is best for conducting experiments?

The best type of chamber for conducting experiments varies depending on the specific needs and goals of the experiment. Some common types of chambers include vacuum chambers, pressure chambers, and environmental chambers. Each type has its own advantages and limitations, so it is important to carefully consider the requirements of the experiment before selecting a chamber.

2. What materials are suitable for constructing a chamber?

The materials used to construct a chamber depend on the type of chamber and its intended use. For example, a vacuum chamber may be made of materials such as stainless steel, aluminum, or glass, while an environmental chamber may be made of materials like plastic, acrylic, or PVC. The important factors to consider when choosing materials for a chamber are their resistance to pressure, temperature, and other environmental factors.

3. How do I determine the size of the chamber I need?

The size of the chamber needed for an experiment is determined by the size of the specimen or sample being tested, as well as the equipment and instruments that will be used in the chamber. It is important to consider the space needed for maneuvering and accessing the specimen, as well as any additional equipment that may be required. It is also important to consider the size of the room or laboratory where the chamber will be located.

4. Can a chamber be customized for specific experiments?

Yes, chambers can be customized for specific experiments. This can include modifications to the size, shape, and materials of the chamber, as well as the addition of specialized equipment or features. It is important to work closely with a chamber manufacturer or expert to ensure that the customized chamber meets the specific needs and requirements of the experiment.

5. How do I maintain and clean a chamber?

The maintenance and cleaning of a chamber depend on the type of chamber and its intended use. It is important to follow the manufacturer's instructions for maintenance and cleaning, as well as any safety precautions. In general, chambers should be regularly inspected for any damage or wear, and cleaned with appropriate materials and methods to ensure the accuracy and safety of experiments.