What Triggers Long-Time Forum Members to Get Axed?

• Thread starter inflector
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Members
In summary: But who pays for the pink champagne on ice? This Hotel California keeps sounding more and more like a poor business venture.
rootX said:
I got following three infractions:

Post / Reason Date / Posted By Points / Expires
1)
Caught Staring!
Reason: Posting comic without attribution
Oct3-09 10:55 PM ***** 0 / Expired
2)
Private
Reason: General Warning
Aug27-09 07:05 PM ***** 1 / Expired
3)
Private
Reason: General Information
May7-09 07:26 PM ****** 0 / Expired

1) was because I linked directly to the xkcd image without posting the link to the comic itself
2) because of a humorous video I posted of squirrel being catapulted. That was animal cruelty.
3) because I posted an adult joke which I did not read all before posting
Actually, it appears you only got 1 infraction, the other two were zero point, which are informational, and even that one has expired.

The guideline is that you need to accumulate 10 points for a permanent ban (there are exceptions). A general warning is worth one point and expires in 3 months, so, hypothetically, a member could be continually at 9 points and not get banned permanently.

Physics news on Phys.org
Are we having a "whose p**is is bigger" contest? I have been relatively tame over here as a result of a previous experience. . . But I've got 27 on another forum, of course I also have 5k + posts, so it all evens out.

pallidin said:
Being totally honest, I recall a few times where, late at night, having had a few beers, I posted overly-aggressive comments that, in the next day, I regretted.

I would assume this has been true for some other members as well(posting during some form of intoxication; alcohol or other drugs)

I sometimes get a little out of control when I have been drinking. I think that there is still a youtube video up that I posted on Paddy's Day that is not within guidelines. I will find it for any mentor who wishes to remove it. :redface:

Okay, so, we're establishing that posting while under the influence can be a cause of some of this. I'll keep that in mind.